icon

2008 nissan rogue, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
perfecthrasher 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying my first install, viper 4704 and idatalink ADS-AL CA NI4 using W2W. I'm having problems programming the bypass module, during programming the led goes off (no activity).
The immobilizer data and clock, CANH, CANL ignition and ground are connected.
ty in advance!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  

Need a little more info to help...

There are two flavors of AL(DL) NI4 firmware available for the ADS AL-CA module, ADS or DBI.  Which one has

been loaded onto the bypass module?  The above doesn't matter when going W2W but will determine which iDatalink
guide to download and follow.  There is a white sticker on the box which indicates which firmware was factory
loaded.

There are three install Types depending on your car. 

Is it a Rouge with intelli-key?
Is it a Rouge with a regular key with Factory Alarm?
Or is it a Rouge with a regular key and no Factory Alarm?  ( From your info, this is probably it.) 

Going W2W, you would have to make all the necessary connections between the Viper and bypass module.  That

would include all of the solid black lines, all of the dashed black lines and the necessary Red lines.
( Being as the 4704 isn't an alarm system, trunk & door status and EBrake would not be necessary.)

Assuming all that is done correctly, verify your CAN Hi and CAN Lo connections.  These should be soldered.

The LED OFF during programming means "already programmed".  Best bet in that case is to do a Factory Reset
on the module ( last page of install guide ).  Next set the Install Mode to Standard Hardwire Mode ( W2W ),
getting two blinks & lock it in.  ( The module defaults back to Data ( D2D ) after a Factory Reset or firmware
flash.)  Next, follow the steps to program the module to the vehicle.

Soldering is fun!
perfecthrasher 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
ty for the quick response kreg, I flashed my module now I'm second guessing if it was ADS or DBI I'll have to check. It is a Rogue with the regular key with Factory Alarm. I assumed that I could program the module without verifying all the connections to the Viper. The other thing that I thought was odd is the required connections to the Viper (solid and dashed black lines) I thought that was only required if you are using D2D.
thx again for your time!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

If you flashed the ADS module with the DBI firmware, you could go D2D with the Viper.  You would need the special ADS HRN DBI cable to make the connection between the bypass and the Viper.  Connected that way, there would be no need for the dashed red connections to be made.  Just follow guide #9473 and the Type 2 diagram.

W2W mode is where you actually make all of the connections with wire ( red dashed lines ).  D2D is where a lot of the signal / commands between the modules are Data going thru the special harness,

Soldering is fun!
perfecthrasher 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

Found my issue (at least regarding the bypass module) I believe I had a cold solder joint I was able to program the module and it is currently in use. The next Issue I had was the default manual transmission setting I was able to pair the remote with the remote start but could not save the change. I attempted this a few times and now the remote is unable able to communicate with the remote start WT I have no idea what I did there. I tried the backup remote that was still in the box same thing no response from the remote start. I diconnected the power to the remote start but not sure if the settings are saved in NVRAM or something?

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you may have 'deleted' the remotes from the system. Try reprogramming the remotes to the unit (should tell you how in the guide)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
perfecthrasher 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Your correct I deleted the remotes from the system man easy fix to add them. Since I'm using D2D the door status will not be an issue when attempting to program? thx again for everyone's help!
perfecthrasher 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Well I just spent a few hours on this, when I'm trying to change (programming remote start)from manual trans to auto I save and exit programming I get one short then one long beep (horn). I tried to reset the remote start back to factory settings (for a base) I get the same thing one short and one long beep it appears I'm unable to make any changes there should be no reason that this unit is locked. Any ideas? ty

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic