icon

Gentex 341 Mirror from 04 Dodge Stratus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattt181 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
I have searched the forums for over an hour looking for pin out or wiring diagram info for this specific mirror and I cannot find one topic about the Gentex 341. I see there is a lot of duplication and aggravation with multiple threads on the same mirror, so I searched as thoroughly as possible.
I have an OEM mirror from an 04 Dodge Stratus or Chrysler Sebring, Gentex 341 GNTX-341 . This mirror has one map light on the bottom, Outside temp display, Compass, Autodim mirror, and Homelink. It has a 10 pin plug but only 7 of the pins are used. They are as follows...
1) Red w/ white stripe
2) No wire
3) Solid Black
4) Solid Yellow
5) Purple w/ white
6) Blue w/ red stripe
7) Red w/ blue stripe w/ silver dash
8) Green w/ brown or orange stripe
9) No wire
10)No wire
Is there anyone that can offer some advice on which wire is which? I'd hate to fry this mirror as I looked for it for a long time. Thank you in advance!
mattt181 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Wow....am I the only one to try this particular Gentex mirror? With how much Gentex mirror info is here for the helping, I'm surprised no one piped up.
I think I figured out a few of the wires by trial and error.
1) red w/ white is 12v power
3) black is ground
4) Solid Yellow is probably temp sensor
5) Purple w/ white is probably temp sensor
Both colors match the temp sensor I have off the car
6) Blue w/ red stripe is probably 12v power also.
Anyone know if that is correct? How about the last 2 wires...anyone?
039c3 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2014 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
This will be too late to help you, but will help those in the same situation in the future.
I bought one of these and faced a similar problem. After some testing and a helpful view of this page that contained several Chrysler wiring diagrams, I decoded the wiring:
1) Red w/ white stripe: Constant 12V
2) No wire
3) Solid Black: Ground
4) Solid Yellow: Temp sensor
5) Purple w/ white: Temp sensor
6) Blue w/ red stripe: Switched 12V
7) Red w/ blue stripe: +12V from backup lamps (un-dims mirror when in reverse)
8) Green w/ brown stripe: Door (-) trigger. Ground this wire & the map light comes on.
9) No wire
10)No wire
I noted the compass/temp display changed from orange when undimmed to green when dimmed.
mattt181 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome....thanks a million for posting up your findings in this thread. I mostly figured it out, but never got around to figuring out those last two wires....now I don't have to ;)   
I've never seen the color change in mine, but due to the windshield I have it mounted to which is fairly veritical with little slope (69 Ford Bronco), the auto dim on the compass/temp doesn't work so well. It can't get enough light into the forward facing sensor to go full bright on the display. Once I get that addressed, I'll have to see if this one also changes color in the display. Thanks again for the great info!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic