icon

02 explorer alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
So I'm in the process of putting in a alarm/remote start and I was wondering if there's an easier place to get the factory disarm and rear hatch release? I know it says to get the FAD wire in the driver side area, but all I could find down there was only one wire matching the color listed. So I then tested that wire and it wouldn't do anything when tried turning the key in the outside lock.
As for the rear hatch release it says to get it at the CSM in the passenger side c-pillar, well I'm wondering if there's another spot I can get it at so I don't really need to pull apart half of the rear panels to get at it.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
You didn't mention which wire you tested for the factory alarm disarm but here is the wire
Factory Alarm Disarm      GREEN/ purple      -      driver dr harness
Trnk Release     PURPLE / YELLOW     (-)     
AT THE BREAKOUT HARNESS RUNNING UNDER DR. SEAT

EARLY PRODUCTION TRY ALTERNATE WIRE BELOW
ORG/LT. GRN (+) @ THE BREAK OUT HARNESS UNDER RR OF DR. SEAT
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I only found one wire that matched that description. I was looking in the big loom of wires that goes along the door sill, perhaps I should try and see if I can get around behind the hood release and see if I can find it when it comes into the vehicle.
Really seems weird that the wire for the hatch release would be coming across the front seats and towards the back, but this is a Ford. lol
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
I actually had posted about this yesterday on a 04 explorer/mountaineer. The hatch release does go from the CSM on the passengers side, across the back of the front seats to the drivers side, and you can pick it up at the rear door running board heading towards the hatch. There is also a negative trunk release wire in the same location. But for it to work you need to unlock the doors first. It tests from the hatch release button on the outside of the hatch above the license plate. You can also get either wire at the molex plug in the ceiling(headliner) inside the truck before it enters that tube heading into the hatch.
Also, if your truck does not have a factory alarm, the disarm wire will NOT be there. you need to close all your doors but leave the drivers door window open. press lock on the factory remote or press the last two numbers on the number keypad on the door(9&0??). After the doors lock, wait 1 minute. Reach into the open window and unlock the doors and open the door. If the horn honk, you have an alarm. If not, you don't. If you have an alarm the wire will be running down the drivers side running board next to the drivers seat. There will be 3 wires the same color as the disarm wire. Only one will test ground when turning the key cylinder. Again, if there is no alarm, there is no wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic