icon

cruise on '06 express van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tsbrewers 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all, I am trying to add cruise to my '06 base chevy express 3500 with the 6.0l. I thought I had the wiring there for the factory cruise, but unfortunately I don't.
I picked up a switch, and the cruise module from a junk yard, but the harness was already cut by someone else.   I do have the plug and about 10" of wire leading from it, but I need to know if it is possible to just wire it myself, and next, where each wire goes.
So I am hoping for a pinout on the factory cruise harness, and if possible, where each wire goes?   Much appreciated.
Brew
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
You need to check with a dealer to see if that is a option that has to be enabled in the BCM and PCM and it it can be. I know that the 08 malibu til change ovr that had the AP8 code had every thing needed for remote start except the remotes and antenna but you have to buy it from GM to get the code and vehicle list updated so they can reflash the option to be enabled.
tsbrewers 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks,I was at the dealer today to look for a harness, and they didn't mention anything like that. I am pretty sure the following year ('07) they went to a drive by wire system that all you needed was the column switch. And no extra programming.
Brew
tsbrewers 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
I hope this helps someone to help me.   I think this is the pinout for the servo harness, can anyone help me figure it out from there?    
cruise on '06 express van -- posted image.
tsbrewers 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I need a little more help. I am working on this 2006 express and installing the cruise. I have everything installed/connected except for pin G shown on the image above.      
I went to a junk yard and pulled a harness from a van there. I hooked everything up just like the factory would, using the OEM terminals that snap in to the blocks.
Except for the pin G.   Due to time/not enough light, I had to just cut the light blue wire for pin G. I know it goes to location D4 on connector C1 in the fuse block below the seat. I have the fuse block under the seat apart, BUT, I do not have the delphi? terminal that snaps in to the fuse block. I am wondering what this pin does and can I tie it in to another existing wire?   Or would this wire terminal be something the dealer would actually carry?   
Thanks for any help.
Brew
tsbrewers 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I think I got it figured out.   I pulled a terminal from one of the connectors I grabbed from the junk yard.   It is all hooked up now. Just need to put everything together and give it test drive.   I am hoping I don't have to program the computer or anything weird like that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic