icon

2009 tundra limited 5704/idatalik

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cu52 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a Viper 5704, idata link ADS-AL-CA (with the DBI firmware and D2D connetion).
I have three questions on Telescoping steering column and defrost / heated mirrors.
So far when testing everything is working well.
1. When remote starting the truck it unlocks all doors, starts then re-locks them. Can i have it start without the unlock/re-lock, using just disarm?
2. When I enter the car without remote start insert the key the telescoping steering column extends into position.
When I remote start, unlock enter the truck and insert the key nothing happens with the steering column. I have to press the memory button to bring it into place.
Below is what I hooked up. Running almost everything D2D.
Do I have to tap into the memory seat position 1 at the drivers door Pink pin 2. N8 connector.    Or do i need something connected to the keysense wire to make it think the key was inserted (if key is inserted will I still be able to unlock?)
3. For the defrost and heated mirrors when I press the button on my dash for the rear defrost it also turns on the heated mirrors. I cannot find a diagram to show what wire at the back of the HVAC controls will turn both on. All information I have is that there are two separate wires to tie into: Mirror: Blue 19, at DD and rear window defrost: Green 3 at AJ10.   I would prefer that when I get in and is still on, that it shows me on the HVAC controls.    Would this be the Light blue wire at pin 3 J37 connector (at switch)?
Latch or Pulse?
4. I cannot find the wiring information for hooking up an Aux channel to the power folding mirrors. Does anyone have the wiring information for this?
Thanks!
CU52.
2009 tundra limited 5704/idatalik - Last Post -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
cu52 wrote:
I installed a Viper 5704, idata link ADS-AL-CA (with the DBI firmware and D2D connetion).
1. When remote starting the truck it unlocks all doors, starts then re-locks them. Can i have it start without the unlock/re-lock, using just disarm?
Try different settings on the viper like setting the OEM Alarm disarm output to (Remote Start Only) and setting the OEM Alarm Disarm Pluses to (2) You can disarm with no unlock using the keysense. As most factory alarms are setup this way.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
cu52 wrote:
2. When I enter the car without remote start insert the key the telescoping steering column extends into position.
When I remote start, unlock enter the truck and insert the key nothing happens with the steering column. I have to press the memory button to bring it into place.
Below is what I hooked up. Running almost everything D2D.
Do I have to tap into the memory seat position 1 at the drivers door Pink pin 2. N8 connector.    Or do i need something connected to the keysense wire to make it think the key was inserted (if key is inserted will I still be able to unlock?)
There are a few things to consider with this one, if reply to 1. above doesn't work and you use keysense that might solve this two.If sticking the key in the Ignition triggers the memory. If not then either there is a 2nd ACC that need to be powered for the memory function that isn't listed that I can't find or you will have to do a pulse to the seat memory 1 wire after start.
cu52 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
lurch228 wrote:
cu52 wrote:
I installed a Viper 5704, idata link ADS-AL-CA (with the DBI firmware and D2D connection).
Try different settings on the viper like setting the OEM Alarm disarm output to (Remote Start Only) and setting the OEM Alarm Disarm Pluses to (2) You can disarm with no unlock using the keysense. As most factory alarms are setup this way.
Looks like I have the setting for Disarm output set for W/unlock. I will change to the 3rd option of with remote start only. (hope it disarms when I unlock then and open the door).    Why change the disarm pulse to 2?
Factory setting allow me to unlock all doors with 1 pulse. so all lock/unlock and i would assume disarm/arm are set for 1 pulse.
Do you know what I would connect to keysense? the idatalink has no specific connection to the keysense.
[/QUOTE]
There are a few things to consider with this one, if reply to 1. above doesn't work and you use keysense that might solve this two.If sticking the key in the Ignition triggers the memory. If not then either there is a 2nd ACC that need to be powered for the memory function that isn't listed that I can't find or you will have to do a pulse to the seat memory 1 wire after start.[/QUOTE]
Inserting the key only triggers memory when the car is not running (IE before starting either remote or with key). So must be something before ACC (as the key has not been turned to turn ACC on)
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
cu52 wrote:
lurch228 wrote:
cu52 wrote:
I installed a Viper 5704, idata link ADS-AL-CA (with the DBI firmware and D2D connection).
Looks like I have the setting for Disarm output set for W/unlock. I will change to the 3rd option of with remote start only. (hope it disarms when I unlock then and open the door).    Why change the disarm pulse to 2?
Factory setting allow me to unlock all doors with 1 pulse. so all lock/unlock and i would assume disarm/arm are set for 1 pulse.
Do you know what I would connect to keysense? the idatalink has no specific connection to the keysense.
There are a few things to consider with this one, if reply to 1. above doesn't work and you use keysense that might solve this two.If sticking the key in the Ignition triggers the memory. If not then either there is a 2nd ACC that need to be powered for the memory function that isn't listed that I can't find or you will have to do a pulse to the seat memory 1 wire after start.[/QUOTE]
Inserting the key only triggers memory when the car is not running (IE before starting either remote or with key). So must be something before ACC (as the key has not been turned to turn ACC on)[/QUOTE]
Depends on how the idata is configured if it takes any input single or double and always out put double then it would have no effect if it can't be changed in the idata.(The viper has seperate settings for pulse output for both lock/unlock and Disarm)
The key sense should be positive so you would need to use a relay controlled by something like the (-)second status to have the 12v show up to keysense before ignition becomes live.( also note that if the idata is imitating a specific key then that usually be what memory position is tied to it for keysense)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic