icon

help fitting remote start alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saiful 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone i'm from the uk and i think this is a great site.

I'm about to install my first alarm which is a command fm-760 and i was wandering if anyone can please answer the following questions.

In the installation manual it says an isolation diode must be used for the negative safety and instant trigger wires that go to the hood pin switch,  which diode should i use?

What is the best way of connecting the diode to the wires?

When a current capacity of a wire is 200mA what amp fuse should i use?

My car is a 93 Honda Prelude does it have ground switched door locks or positive?

And finally is it best to solder the wire connections or crimp them?

These questions may sound silly to some of you guys but replys will be gratefully appreciated.

Thankshelp fitting remote start alarm -- posted image.

saiful
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
I can answer a few of the questions
1) Diodes to use in4001, 4002, 4003, just your standard run of the mill diode will basically do
2) Solder, cover with "heat shrink"
3) 200mA I guess your talking about some of the output from the alarm, they are desgined to run a relay and not much else, your could fuse them, but if I was doing the install I wouldn't bother.
4) I not sure if the doors are + or - switched, but this site has some very good wiring information, and you should be able to find it
5) Solder is the best, if you can solder properly, I've in the past used wire taps or solder. If your hooking up the inputs like the door switch or hood switch wire taps are good, but for wiring up the outputs such as the ACC, IGN or start wire solder is the best as the wire taps may become unreliable.
Have fun, If you have any questions drop me an email, the commando 760 is basically the same as the autopage 750 and i've installed a few of them
Greg

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic