icon

proper db all functions in a 2012 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eddiebx 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I tried searching but came up with mixed results so I thought I would just ask here to be sure.
I am installing a db-all into a 2012 4runner w/ G-key, flashed with the most up to date TL4 firmware.
I did a quick test run by temporarily hooking up the db-all to the canbus wires, security light output, ignition status input to the ignition status output and d2d to the alarm (I did not wire in the IMO/IMI); and the viper 5704 to only 12v and ground.
All the listed features appear to work, ie. using OEM fob remote to arm/disarm the viper alarm, door triggers, etc. (minus the bypass and remote starting since I did not hook up the IMI/IMO wires yet, nor did I hook up any of the remote start wires).
However, I noticed that when I arm/disarm using the viper remote, the oem alarm and door locks do not arm/lock with the viper remote. I would appear that I need to wire these up directly to the viper brain?
I went back and reviewed the install sheet for the TL4 firmware and did notice that door lock operation and oem alarm arm/disarm was not listed as one of the supported features, proper db all functions in a 2012 4runner -- posted image.
On the other hand an installer told me that the db-all should be able to operate all that through d2d, but of course the actual install sheet does not list door locks and OEM arm/disarm as one of the supported features.
So I was curious if what I am experiencing is normal and the installer was mistaken?
Also, I was wondering after the db-all is "programmed", should the LED be constantly flashing green very fast? I went through the program routine by holding the button and plugging it in, letting go when it is a solid orange and then waiting for it to become solid red and afterwards turning on the key (at which point it starts to flash green rapidly and stay that way even if I turn off the car). However I am not sure if the programming would even work properly since I've yet to splice into the IMI/IMO wires.
Last question is, is there any difference between hooking the ignition status input (into the db-all) to the ignition status output of the db-all or to the car's ignition wire directly? I noticed that the db-all install sheet showed a type 1 and a type 2 install, and this was the only difference I could tell.
Thanks very much for any help you guys can provide, I greatly appreciate it!
Eddie
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
If the function is not listed then its not supported. The light didn't go solid green because you didn't connect the IMI wires and can't read it to complete the programming for the key bypass. Usually the key needs to be turned to on (5 seconds), then off key removed (20 seconds), then key on-off remove key led needs to go green for 3 seconds (takes up to 90 seconds). Need to follow all instructions in order for the programming to complete successfully. The status input is vehicle specific so follow the type for you vehicle. The firmware you have is for the Transponder Override only (TL4). Not to mention the db-all for the 2012 4runner has a current combo (more functions) firmware of TL5-G_key (10-18-2012), which does door locks. Always use the firmware that has the most options even if you don't use them. You will need to reset the db-all then have it flased to the current firmware. Then follow all steps in order completely. You can look it up at www.xpresskit.com
eddiebx 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much for the quick response, I did not even think to check for a new updated firmware! I flashed my db-all in the beginning of October before the TL5 was released. Fortunately for me I am a very great procrastinator, saved me from a few extra wires to hook up proper db all functions in a 2012 4runner -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Just rember to reset to default before you flash the new it's just good practice.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic