2007 wm caprice, stereo problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
happileej 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
happileej wrote:
Yes it does seem to be heat related, like its overloading, when it does turn off, sometimes it will come back on after a couple of seconds then go back off again, which actually seems more like bad connection but what really sets me back is that also when it turns back on I can guarantee that it will turn back on if it switch the car off for a couple of minutes, which seems more like a heat related problem or an overload, thanks every one so much for all the help you are giving me I really appreciate it. Today I will check every fuse with my meter, then if I don't find any blown fuses I will have to remove the unit and bench test it. I will come back on here and post my results later.
Thanks
Sorry I mean when it turns back off I can guarantee that it will turn back on if it switch the car off for a couple of minutes
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
now that i think of it it could be a blown or shorted speaker too. maybe the speaker terminal is making contact with sheet metal sometimes and it forces the radio into protect mode.
happileej 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
I checked all fuses today, none are blown. I did notice while I was checking the fuses though that the back of the 12v socket easily can short out as the two connecting terminals are exposed and also the socket does not sit tight as the clip is broken, so I am thinking that maybe when the car bumps around the socket moves into a position that it is shorting out and then the stereo might be forced to switch off, so I have covered all the exposed terminals with electrical tape, I'll drive the car for a couple of days and see if that fixes the problem, I will post the results of that.
Thanks again
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic