icon

2011 nissan bypass programing problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
homey88 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2012 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

i installed a Avital r/s and a DB-all bypass and it wont program, its in a 2011 nissan versa. i ve checked everything three times. When i go through the programming it just flashes orange and dosent do anything. the trouble shooting guied dosent say anything about orange flashing led?????

Brian
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2012 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like maybe the wrong firmware is flashed on the DBALL. I would confirm the firmware flashed to it and reflash it with the correct firmware (or just flash it again).
Is it connected W2W or D2D? If D2D, try W2W and see if it programs then. Check the connections to the CANbus wires.
Make sure the ignition wire on the DBALL is getting power when you turn the key to "on".
When all else fails, get a Fortin or iDatalink module. I stopped using DBALLs for that same reason.
homey88 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2012 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
Its D2D, I will check the connections again. I dont have the ability to flash firmware as im not an dealer.  l will make sure the ignition wire from dball is hooked up correctly. so that wire needs to be hooked up even in D2D mode? The instructions were not clear on that connection.
Brian
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
You wouldn't need to hook up the ignition wire in D2D mode, only in W2W.
I'm betting its not flashed correctly. You could try connecting everything W2W and try programing again. However, I didn't see anything about a flashing orange light, which is why I think the firmware is wrong.
shortcircuit161 
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
Another thought. Make sure you have the pink ignition wire from the Avital r/s connected correctly to the car's ignition wire.
homey88 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
the wires are all right, remote start works with the key in so i know thats right. im going to try a different bypass. im going to look into the ones you recomended. thanks for all your help.
Brian
homey88 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
do those bypasses offer D2D conections?
Brian
homey88 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
so do i get evo-can or evo-all or does it not matter?
Brian
shortcircuit161 
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
Either of the two are fine, EVO-ALL or EVO-CAN will work. They won't work D2D like the DB-ALL.
You will have to go W2W with it.
You might be in the same predicament with those however if you can't flash the right firmware on them.
You may want to try any local shop that installs Viper and other DEI systems to see if they can flash that DB-ALL for you. They may charge a few dollars but it could save you from getting the other modules.
shortcircuit161 
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
Send me a PM with the ID number on the back of the DBALL and I can tell you what firmware is flashed on it. I still think the firmware is wrong and should all work once flashed correctly.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic