icon

broke off rca's in amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ronisonce 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2012 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Well I accidentally broke the RCA's off in my sundown audio saz-1000. Got 1 of the pieces out, other is lodged in the input on the amp. Stupid me goes and unscrews the input, I break the wire inside the amp. So now I need to run new RCA's and I have to figure out where to get a new input to install in my amp. I can NOT figure a way to get the little piece of RCA out of the input. Any suggestions are welcome, aside from the "you're an idiot" because trust me, I know.
broke off rca's in amp -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 04, 2012 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Get a small straight pick tool and a soldering iron. Heat the pick while pressing it through the back side of the jack. This will melt the plastic and the pick will push the pin out.
If you do not want to melt the back of the connector, get a diode and heat it up and press it into the center of the pin from the outside of the amp. After it goes in a bit, remove the soldering iron from the leg and let it cool for 30 seconds or so. Once it cools, gently pull the pin from the jack. You must let it cool before you pull it.
ronisonce 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2012 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the response, what I did was use a very small drill and drill out the RCA piece.. Then used a pick and was able to pull it right out. Thankfully.. Crisis averted.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic