icon

2006 chevy silverado remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Need to know what wires you have hooked up to what, and what settings you have in the setup in the viper. Could be settings in the viper.
bhenry 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well I have rethink hooked up I figure I need. It's been a couple weeks now and this is what I have noticed. 1 off I found the rear doors at the bcm. And the front door triggers I need to run into the doors?
The factory horn honks when I arm. I have to get that to stop.
When I unlock the truck the headlights flash. I'm sending a negative trigger to the - parking light at the bcm. I would like for just the parking lights to flash.
Is there a wire that I can tag that will just shut down the factory alarm so I won't come into play. I would assume this is the light green in the drivers door. What wire should I go to on the alarm.
Thanks guys
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
bhenry wrote:
Well I have rethink hooked up I figure I need. It's been a couple weeks now and this is what I have noticed. 1 off I found the rear doors at the bcm. And the front door triggers I need to run into the doors?
All Door Trigger GRAY/BLACK (+) DRIVERS "A" PILAR "TO AVOID DOMELIGHT DELAY USE INDIVIDUAL DOOR TRIGGERS AND DIODE ISOLATE EACH WIRE" Door Trigger gray/black (except base models) - driver window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 18
Notes: On base models, it is gray/black (-) at the BCM, lt. blue plug, pin B4. The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash. It has 6 plugs, the purple plug is on the back.
LF Latch GRAY/BLACK (-) IN DRIVERS DOOR MODULE
RF Latch BLACK/ WHITE (-) IN PASSENGERS DOOR MODULE
LR Latch LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-) IN PASSENGERS DOOR MODULE
RR Latch LIGHT BLUE/BLACK (-) IN PASSENGERS DOOR MODULE
bhenry wrote:
The factory horn honks when I arm. I have to get that to stop.
Factory Alarm Arm arms on lock with door open
bhenry wrote:
When I unlock the truck the headlights flash. I'm sending a negative trigger to the - parking light at the bcm. I would like for just the parking lights to flash.
Parking Lights- gray/black - BCM, brown plug, pin B2 or Parking Lights VIOLET (-) AT VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH
bhenry wrote:
#Is there a wire that I can tag that will just shut down the factory alarm so I won't come into play. I would assume this is the light green in the drivers door. What wire should I go to on the alarm.
Thanks guys
Not sure unless you go direct to the lock motors.
bhenry 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Any other thoughts on the horn honking when I arm. All doors closed. Still honks. I even have all the security settings off on the vehicle settings. I have diode isolated all doors and tied them right into the alarm.
Also my parking lights will flash when I arm, but when I dis arm my head lights flash. I have a negative trigger at BCM. I metered the purple wire at the switch and it was not showing to be the correct wire.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
If the factory BCM is setting the factory alarm with the door locks and triggering the horn then you will need to go direct to door lock motors. It's supposed to arm the factory alarm with the door locks when a door is open. If you cut any of the factory door triggers to hook up the door triggers or have the diode backwards it might cause the BCM to see a open door. The diode stripes need to be towards the viper for the door triggers. And only tied into without cutting the factory door trigger wires.
bhenry 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
No doors are open. Viper alarm arms fine. I have tested on all 4 doors.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Then the BCM is triggering the horn and headlights, will need to go direct to the lock motors to take the BCM out of the loop.
Follow the 5 wire door lock interface listed on this website.
Lock Motor gray 5wi driver door module in door
Unlock Motor tan 5wi driver door module in door
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic