icon

newer vw parking light wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
a quick google search netted me multiple posts on vw forums for 08 passat headlight switch removal.  The ones with responses said it was still the push and turn method with a little help from putting your hand behind it to push out.  They said the switch is just in there really tight newer vw parking light wiring - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Advanced
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
I'm assuming the Passat is the same as the Jetta?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
If I remember correctly. You have to push the switch in and turn between the off position to parking light and pull switch out.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, now I'm REALLY stumped on this one. I got a chance to look it over again and here is what I found. The gray / YELLOW at the switch and at the VESCM does not test + when lights are turned on. Applying 12v (against my better judgement but testing for relay activation) does not turn them on either. I looked and the gray / YELLOW is the correct plug (E) and pin (1). I then tried opening the BLACK / YELLOW (pin 16) just to see if that worked and it still did not work. If I turn the lights on with the parking light output connected to the gray / YELLOW then the lights actually turn off when they would normally turn on.
I'm completely lost on this one and I just can't seem to figure it out. The car does have an aftermarket HID kit but there is no alteration to the factory wiring. Any ideas?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: April 03, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
I believe I found the problem. I was not aware that the parking lights on the 3 plug BCM models that require the BLACK / YELLOW wire to be cut only come on with ignition on. The lock / unlock will flash automatically through the ADS bypass so I really only need the parking light feature for remote start... which should work correctly by just opening the BLACK / YELLOW. I will know for sure once I get the car back and re-install everything. Once i know, I'll post back the results.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic