icon

2011 nissan maxima pts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ohmz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2012 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Installed a DBALL unit with Viper 5704v and having issues with remote start. DBALL unit programmed and installed with no problems. It picks up doors, lights, trunk, trunk release brakes, etc. The only thing it is not bypassing when remote starting. It's asking for the key. If I leave the key in the vehicle it will remote start with no problems.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2012 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
What firmware did you flash the DBALL with? Or did you buy it already flashed? There are 2 flavors and they both wire up differently to the vehicle.
Ohmz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2012 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
I flashed it myself with the newest one. 401.NISSHT v1.05. Funny there was only one available now there is two. I didn't try v1.03 also. I used 2 different bypasses with the same firmware and both gave me the same problem.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2012 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
Double check your connections at the clock and data wire.   Especially the data wires. Swap the data wires and see if it will start then.
The DBALL will often program and the car still won't start if the data wires are backwards (even if you have them exactly as the guide shows).   I don't have the biggest faith in the DBALL.
Ohmz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2012 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for you response. I will have a go at it again this weekend. I'm beginning not be a fan of DBALL also. I used the FLASHLOGIC bypasses on PTS vehicles (relay under hood) without any problems but that's when I use Prestige/audiovox remote starters. I got to get a connection for idatalink...lol...
Also I failed to mention this was all D2D install. I notice on one of the other posts it was advised to hook up some extra wires that I never even hooked up but like I said it works when the key in on the seat. I don't think any would help but any other suggestions would help.
H2/9 (dark blue) (-) 200mA status output > --- Connect to DBAll GWR (status) input.
H3/5 (red) +12v fused (30A) ignition 1 input > --- Connect with other 12v constant inputs.
H3/2 (RED / white) +12v fused (30A) ignition 2/flex relay input > --- Connect together with main 12v input.
Please refer to https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~132587
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2012 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure you programmed the db all with the key actually in the key port and the key port was hooked up . Make sure all doors were closed . And make sure the doors were locked when you tried remote start. Have had same issue in 370z
Ohmz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Wait you mean program DBALL with the doors closed? I was thinking about that but didn't get to try it since I installed it a little far up.
Ohmz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thank for all your help guys. I still had no luck with this. It almost had me beat until I found some new info today. this should do the trick. Hopefully this can help someone else so I posted it.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=dball

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic