icon

2012 town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luvs2div 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Power and ground are the e z part. It's the data wire (violet/dk green) I'm having the issue with.. Not finding..
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Should you be doing this yourself?
It's at the bloody switch in the door!
Apart from that mod in the kickwell, I've just shown you how to do the whole job in about an hour.
And it isn't data, it's multiplex.
luvs2div 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
I realize it's multiplex. 15 yrs in the biz and I'm not a crack head. There is apparently a reason why they are saying tag it in the pass door. Can't be done in the driver door. I take it. Reading on it states some models there is no multiplex wire in the dvr kick. Catch it at the fusebox under the hood or passenger door module. And since they say to tag into plug c5 at the TIPM under the hood...plugs are labeled A - G. Where plug C does NOT have a pin 36... Really do appreciate the help though..
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
It gets it's trigger from either a remote, a key switch or the inner door switch, therefore logically that wire has to be at the door switch unless that wire IS data rather than multiplex but since you have everything apart, worth testing for.
You should have 2 wires at the switch, a ground possibly integrated with the window switch ground and the trigger.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic