icon

viper 4103xv and buick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimjr226 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the remote starter in a 2002 Buick  Rendevous. When you remote start it or start it with the key, the car rev's at about 2200 RPM when in park, once you shift it into drive  it will drop down to 1500 rpm  but when you are driving it is almost like it is not shifting into drive, as the rpms are very high, and also runs much hotter.  The second thing is the check engine light is on all the time, I think that may be due to a missing a second ACC wire?  I have unhooked the Viper and the bypass, but the vehical still runs the same.  It was sent in to have the codes read and it came back with 3 codes  MAP sensor , fuel pressure sensor and a 5 volt ...   does this make any sence to anyone. Would hooking up the remote starter cause the vehical to act this way? Or is it a coinsidence this happend. 
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
As long as the ignition wires are installed correctly, I can't see any correlation between the remote starter and the issues the car is having. This car has 2 ignition wires, 2 accessory wires and 1 start wire.
If you removed the Viper and bypass and the car is still exhibiting the same problems, it's unlikely it's a remote start issue. Did you test the vehicle prior to installing anything?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2012 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 With Shortcircuit, my guess is that not all of the wires have been connected, shifter problems and the trouble light are common with GM vehicles incorrectly wired. See the archives on this site.
jimjr226 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2012 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
I figured it out. When I went through the fire wall I nicked some wires. Yes very stupid of me. But I just do this stuff on the side. Fixed the wires and hooked up the second ACC wire, all is good now. Thanks for your guys help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic