icon

viper alarm, interesting failures

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtrhd329 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
ok so i connected the satellite relay and was able to put it into valet mode by turning on and off the ignition and pressing the valet button.  i then took it out of valet mode with the transmitter.  both before and after i have no chirps from the siren.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Check the viper harness for a poor positive or ground at the connector. You may have a bad harness if 2 brains are having the same issue.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
yea i vote for a bad harness too. either something wrong with the plug or the pins inside the plug are messed up in a way that is causing a bad connection. maybe try unhooking one wire at a time and testing the system to see if anything changes.
the reason i think it is still a ground issue is because all of the sensors and your doorpin are all negative trigger. so something is putting up enough resistance to the alarm so that it is not seeing these sensor inputs being triggered. perhaps a broken wire inside the insulation so you wouldnt be able to tell and it would still meter 0 ohms but not have enough wire left inside to pass any current without resistance.
mtrhd329 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
So I found the issue. I had 3 of the viper sirens on the brown wire. I have run this setup on this brain for a good many years without issues. So I couldnt understand what would make it not chirp but sound on full alarm. So I took the brown wire and hooked up a multimeter on diode check. Hit the arm hutton and it chirped the meter. I now have only one interior piezo and the factory soft touch siren on the brown wire and all is restored. I now have shock sensor trip and warn away. Also my two way functions restored themselves.   Wierd.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
all those sirens draw too much current through the brain. you can still have the sirens if you wire them through a relay, just make sure you test each siren to make sure its not blown.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
You could still have them, just relay them.
mtrhd329 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2012 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I have a drawer full of them I am going to install. Just need to f ind all the little hidden places I need to mount them.
And of course a relay is needed to run all of my sirens.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic