icon

Parking Light Relay Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mopar316 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

anybody have a diagram on how to wire in a 775 relay for the parking lights?

parking lights are + just need to up the amps from 10 to 25

thanks ron

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
Pin 85 - to Ground
Pin 86 - from + parking lights output from device (alarm, etc)
Pin 87 - Fused 12v constant rated at 25 amps or more
Pin 30 - to Parking Lights wire in vehicle
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
thank you shortcircuit161
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
25 amps for the parking lights?
4 x 10 watts =40, divide by 12 more like 5 amps, relay not needed.
All vehicles outside of North America use the amber lights as direction indicators, we wire to them, 4 X 21 x 2 x 10 watts (these are on the front wheel arch or door mirror.
Again total 9 amps and again I've never had any problems wiring the direction indicators through a pair of 1N5404 diodes, again using the 10 amp fused output.
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

the 03 park avenue has a 25 amp fuse in the fuse box (factory) to power the parking lights, and whatever

other lights that are on this circuit. the remote start is only good for 10 amps, thats why I

need it.

ron

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
x2 with Howie.
For most installs, the + parking light wire doesn't use more than 10 amps to power the parking lights. The 25 amp fuse most likely protects other things as well. In all the installs I've done with the positive parking light wire, I've never had to use a separate relay to activate them.
If you want to reduce the load on the remote starter, you can also use the negative trigger for the parking lights.
Unrelated question, how did everything work out with the bypass module?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
+2 with Howie and short. There are most likely multiple circuits off that one fuse. I've never seen a parking light wire draw more than the parking light output could handle.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

A few tid-bits of info...

Bulldog Security calls a standard automotive Bosch style 30/40 Amp SPDT relay a "775 Relay".

Your Deluxe 500 system can be set to output either a (+) or a (-) Parking Light signal, all depends on

what the H2/1 RED / White wire is connected to.

Plus 4 with Howard, Frank and Kenny.  The Parking Light (+) listed as Brown  (+)  @ LCM, Black plug, Pin A  will

work fine with the 10A output from the Bulldog Deluxe 500, no extra relay needed. 

Even better ( as Frank mentioned ), set the Bulldog Deluxe 500 to (-) Parking Lights and connect to this wire :

Gray/Black  (-)        @ LCM, Gray plug, Pin B11       Less current draw thru the Deluxe 500.

Soldering is fun!
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hey thanks guys, I'll hook it in to the negative side.

shortcircuit161: I won't be able to try the bypass module until tomorrow. I will

try to program it like you said,hope it works. I'll let you know tomorrow night.

Just want to say thank you to all that helped me out on here!! much appreciated.

ron

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic