icon

conversion normally open/closed pin switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tknick 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have an Avatal 4003 remote start in a 2009 Ford Flex. The remote start has a (-) input for the hood open remote start shut down. The Hood switch in the car is (-) when shut and shows no continuity when open. Is there a way to make this work without install my own hood switch?
Thanks
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Theres a link to a wiring diagram in the 5th post on the following thread. It is for normally closed door triggers but its the same wiring, You will also need to add a relay to the diagram to convert the positive input to the remote start into a negative input.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~132392~PN~2~TPN~5
tknick 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
I understand I would need a relay to reverse the (+) to (-). However I'm still a little confused when looking at the diagram and trying to understand how it works. I get that the diodes prevent the (+) from going "backwards" into the BCM, but what in the circuit diagram keeps the wire labeled (+) positive door trigger input to remote start/alarm system from showing (+) all the time ( (-) after reversing polarity with a relay)?
thanks for the help!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Either mount a separate pin switch or look up the Downloads/Manuals section Tech Tip 1921.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic