Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bikemaniac 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Based on this post:
I tried finding the correct wires for the daylight relay system I want to install in my car. For the relay system (consisting of 2 12V standard relays) I need to attach the relays to the following wires:
Parking light
Low Beam
High Beam
Battery positive
Ground
Special wire from generator which only becomes live AFTER it starts charging, i.e. after a few seconds upon cranking the engine.
To avoid a mess with wires in the engine compartment room, I want to install the relay close to the fuses inside the car where wires from the main harness are exposed. Thus, I want to do all my soldering inside the car somewhere close to the fuses.
As an easy start I tried following the low beam wire from the bulb in the front of the car all the way through sheet metal parting exterior with interior and to the area close to the fuses. I found some multiplugs with the same color wire code as the one at the low beam bulb outside. I put my multimeter into continuity mode and hooked one end up with the low beam wire out in the front. With the other wire I started searching for the very same wire inside the car. I found it! Great! But then, by accident, I touched some other connectors and there was also continuity!! I was shocked. Then I tried a few other wires, all with different color codings, and a bunch of them also showed continuity.
Can somebody explain what is going on? The car was shut off when I tested.
Lucas
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
What car and what are trying to do, you haven't explained very well.
bikemaniac 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
I solved the problem. The trick is to remove the corresponding fuses.
Lucas

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic