icon

viper 350 responder 91 mr2 door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scraping 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm installing the Viper 350 responder to my 91 MR2 without factory alarm and I'm having a few problems with it.
1. I've connected H1/2 to the parking light (+) signal but it doesn't flash the lights when disarming or arming the alarm
2. I've connected H1/5 to the door trigger (-) and it doesn't trigger when I open the door and the alarm is armed
3. When I arm the alarm, it shows on the remote that the passenger door is opened
this is the wiring diagram I am using for reference http://alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/TOYOTA%20MR2%201985-1995.pdf
any help would be appreciated
thanks
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
Verify that the viper is set to positive parking light output.
And here is the link for you vehicle on this website: 1991-92 MR2 Wiring
scraping 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 4:22 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sure the alarm parking light output is positive, I am going to try the negative connection but I can't seem to find which wire it is.
Thanks for the link but it is the same as the one I'm using, so I have a suspicion that the wiring diagrams are for cars with factory alarm
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  
Check this wire to verify it is correct!
Parking Lights- lt.GREEN/ red    steering column
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  
Also try using the H1/6 blue for the (-)door trigger.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
On the responder two way remote, there is only one door ajar symbol, this covers all doors, so regardless of which door is open, it would display the passenger door on the remote. :)
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:
On the responder two way remote, there is only one door ajar symbol, this covers all doors, so regardless of which door is open, it would display the passenger door on the remote. :)
How does your reply help with the door ajar condition he is having?
scraping 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the advice lurch, I'm using the alarm with no door trigger and flashers for now, it's a pain to get into the wiring because I've hid the brain under the seat and I've depinned the wires (including the blue wire) that I'm not using, so I'll just have to wait until my new seats get done from upholstery to try the things you've mentioned.
I'll keep this thread updated because I know I'm not the only 1 with a MR2 that has had the same problems
1 more thing actually totally unrelated, the responder 350 say it comes with 2 "auxiliary" outlets, I missed took that for 2 additional outlets for extra sensors so I got a DEI 506T AND DEI 507M, there is only 1 plug for the 506T so where would I connect the 507M to?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
As long as your not using the 508 sensor which pulls to much power to use the port for power ang ground. Any other sensors can be wired together on the port in pairs. IE tap the matching wires from one to the other, or pick up a y-cable.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic