icon

transponder bypass for 2006 corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yannyfreak 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
wow thanks!!! you just answered like my next five questions :) wasn't sure of sequence of programming between the bypass and r/s....I think i have it. You guys obviously do this a bunch...does the bulldog wiring also look accurate as far as door wiring etc.?? i did reference it before posting and became familiar with the car end of things, but i do have a Directwire list that adds turn signal and reverse light wiring??? I'm thinking all i really need is parking lights for start indication right?
yannyfreak
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

The wire guide listings provide a lot of info, some of which will not be required for your installation.  Things like door triggers are only necessary

for an Alarm System install ( or a R/S on a Manual Trans vehicle ).

The R/S unit ( Python ) will also have some wires that will not be used for your install.  If you are not sure ( and want to help others using the same

system installed into the same car ) you could post your Python Harness wire connections.  That way forum members can check out the proposed
wiring and add any help / comments / corrections necessary.

Soldering is fun!
yannyfreak 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I will do that to be safe. From your last post, I'm reading and dont understand how to set the Python to engine sensing=tach mode. I read up on and understand all the rest.
yannyfreak
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Kreg,

Thanks for stepping in on this one. I have not used a Flashlogic and you helped to clear up the wiring layout in my mind. Maybe I'll try one on my next install.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

Most of the time I mount the antenna up center on the whindshield, behind the rear view mirror. You don't want to bunch up the antenna wire. I have read it reduces it range.

Plus you might want it in a easy spot to enter the menus with it. You will need to get to at least one menu for you install.  Menu 3, Item 1, for Auto Transmission setting, and Mune 3, item 2 for Tach setting.

yannyfreak 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
thanks Smokeman. I was a little slow on that one but i see the programming menu now! I'll take a day or two here and figure out the rest of my wiring and then post it for a check. I appreciate all the help!!
yannyfreak
smokeman1 
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
The programming method with the antenna button and the remote will take a bit practice so be patient.
yannyfreak 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
haha i see EXACTLY what you mean and was thinking the same thing! No indication of what your doing once your in the menu and figuring out that lock and unlock are ascending and descending....i assume ascending means 4to1 and descending 1to4 ??
yannyfreak
smokeman1 
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you can connect the horn wire it will help to hear the short honks as to what menu, item, and feature you are in and doing.
yannyfreak 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
gotcha thanks
yannyfreak
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic