icon

transponder bypass for 2006 corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yannyfreak 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2013 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Rich..well except for a slight delay on locating the tach wire, the install went pretty darn smooth! programming not so smooth :( i managed to "fat finger" the bypass while setting its mode and cleared out the programming to it that Crutchfield had done for me. Gotta stop for the night and read how to reprogram the transponder to my car from scratch...ooohhh well. Like a wise man on this forum once said...especially for a newbie...allow a whole weekend for the install!!
yannyfreak
yannyfreak 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
Wow! Just got back to car yesterday to program the system. Works been crazy! Anyway....after my last post i had to do a factory reset on the transponder bypass which was very easy per the instructions. The rest of the programming went flawlessly and the system works flawlessly. I will be updating my install details in the next couple of days so it's useful to other newbies like me.
One problem did occur during the programming that i will mention. When i was complete, i unplugged the control center so i could fish the wire up to the windshield and reinstall it. The R/S did no like this!! I'm sure there are steps i do not understand that i should have taken but lets just say for inexperienced guys like me, land your wires and leave them once your done. The R/S flaked out and at first the car did not even want to start using the key. I unplugged the entire system and the car battery, and plugged everything back in. Whatever error i cleared worked and I'm back in business.
I will most likely have a couple of questions next weekend when i get back to the car and set some features that i wanna tweak like the way the doors lock/unlock.
One lingering question for the experts now is that the Control Center LED blinks steady when the car is not in use. I don't think it was doing that before i unplugged it for the final install. Is the controller supposed to blink to mimic a security system when the car is parked or is it showing an error?? If it is correct, can it be disabled in features?? If it can i'm not seeing it.
Thanks once again for everyone help!!!
yannyfreak
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Chris, been away some time and haven't really followed this post but two things struck me.
The stripping tool link you posted, WTH don't they make it with a smaller head?
A question ham fisted people like me often ask.
Although as it stands it's quite good for the thin gauge wires on a Toyota.
Our OP posted brown as H1/3 going to a wire on the car. Since all Toyotas use a low current NEG trigger at either the steering column loom or the BCM shouldn't this have been H2/8 BROWN / black?
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic