icon

remote starter 2005 honda pilot

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
petef 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, I just installed an Avital 4103 and Xpresskit DBALL in my 2005 Honda Pilot. It works great except I have one question. When I remote start the car and then try to unlock the doors with the original car remote, it won't work. The remote works anytime the car isn't remote started. Any idea what I need to do to make this original car remote work after a remote start?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Can't.  That is the way Honda's work.  You will have to use the aftermarket FOB to unlock the doors while the engine is running.
Soldering is fun!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Here's something you could try:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=116596
The Pilot and Odyssey are just about the same car, even though they look different and you couldn't get an AWD Odyssey.
I've enabled the OEM keyless during remote start on a few of the older Odysseys, and I've never tried a Pilot, but I'd think there's a good chance it would work. I'm pretty sure I saw the keyless module in one of them before.
If you go to the dealer's parts department and ask nicely, they might show you a diagram of where the keyless receive is. Or www.alldatadiy.com and you might find it in there if you get a subscription.
petef 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
Chris, I think your idea is exactly what I need. The problem is going to be finding the keyless receiver and finding out which wire is the ignition wire. How do you suggest I physically interrupt the ignition wire?
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty sure what Chris mentions could be done on this particular Honda. While I haven't done it myself, I hear there is a yellow wire behind the glovebox that could be cut. It tests like an ignition wire. I remember being told that the keyless unit is to the right of the glovebox when the glovebox is removed, but that the yellow wire was also located in a wire loom that went from left to right. I guess they would cut it there because you would only have to drop the glove box versus removing the glovebox... Not sure, like I said I never did one myself.
I guess when you locate it, you could just cut it and leave it cut, or use a the blue or blue/white status output and a relay to interrupt it.
85 - constant 12v
86 - status output
87a - one side of the cut yellow wire
30 - other side of the cut yellow wire
87 - not used
Also another thought would be that the 4103 has a yellow wire H1/3 (+) ignition output wire. You can cut the Pilots yellow wire in half and connect the 4103 yellow wire to the side heading towards the keyless module. The other side of the cut Pilot wire will not be used, just insulate it.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, what flobee said. Easiest in my opinion would be to cut Pilot's keyless ignition wire in half, and connect Avital yellow to keyless module. Tape off "car side" of the Honda wire.
By the way, did you connect anything to the Pilot's keysense wire? Generally, if you don't connect keysense, the dome lights will stay on after remote start takeover. Unfortunately, keysense also keeps OEM remotes from working.
So, if you did hook up keysense, you'll have to disconnect it from the car. Once you've done that, here are your options to deal with the domelight problem:
A: Always leave the domelight switch in the car in the Off position.
B: Lock the car doors after takeover; this will turn the domelight off.
C: Program ignition-controlled lock to "on" in the Avital. It'll lock the car every time you turn the ignition on. If desired, program ignition-controlled unlock as well.
petef 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
You all have been extremely helpful and I really appreciate it. I have not hooked up the keysense yet so I have the dome light issues. According to my Avital 4103, the yellow wire is (-) ignition output and not (+). I was thinking of using this (-) ignition output to connect to the keysense (blue/black near the ignition?). Is this a good idea?
Now to solve the factory keyless issue after I connect the keysense, can I still just cut the (possibly) yellow wire going to the factory keyless receiver?
Another thing, I noticed today that if the car is locked and alarm is armed, the car goes into panic mode when I try to remote start it. Is this because I have not connected the keysense wire?
petef 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Or maybe the alarm is going off because the Avital 4103 is not communicating with the Xpresskit DBALL using D2D. I tried plugging in my bitwriter to the Avital 4103 and I could not get any communication.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
The yellow wire is a (+) output. it always has been. Its a typo in the wiring diagram at the end of the manual. If you look at the beginning of the manual where it mentions that wire and in a paragraph or 2 it talks about what the yellow wire does, you will see its a (+) output.
Chris tells you NOT to hook up the keysense, he also goes on to tell you about how to deal with the domelight issue is as simple as turning the ignition controlled doorlock feature on the 4103. Look at the programmable feature section of the 4103 manual.
As for the port on the 4103 used for the Bitwriter. There should be an addendum in the box telling you how to switch the port between the bitwriter and the DB-ALL. You have to ground the WHITE/ blue wire while powering up the 4103. Each time you would like to switch between the two modes, you will need to power down the unit and power it back up grounding the WHITE/ blue wire again. Watch the LED to see which mode you are in. Also if you are already in bitwriter mode and its still not reading the 4103, try hitting unlock on the 410's remote control. The try to read again.
petef 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2012 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
Wow I can't believe there is a typo. You are correct.
Any idea why my alarm is being triggered when I try to remote start?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic