icon

Dei 508D and 507T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pinchy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

I was wondering ho wmuch drift people are getting with their 508D sensors.  I seem to adjust them to the perfect settings (warn when standing against winow, alarm when arms through open window), but then they drift away to another setting on most days.

Is this caused by temp/humidity?  Should I mount the sensor on the lid of my glove box instead of in the glove box for better accuracy?

Also, I seem to get a lot of false alarms with the 507T set on medium motion sensitivity.  What do most people have them set to?  I have my velcro'ed to the bare metal floor under the driver's seat.  Where do most people mount their 507T?

pinchy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2003 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

Just for news, I set my 507T sensor to the 2 minute delay to arm and now it works well.  For some reason, it seems to always trigger a flase alarm right after arming in the 10 second delay to arm mode.  Does the car settle or something?  What is the 2 minute delay dip switch built into the sensor for anyways?

I found another helpful thing.  If your 508D is in your glove box with some loose articles, it seems like their movement will set the warn away signal when the car is rocked.  It seems to work like a motion sensor that way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic