icon

2004 honda civic hybrid ignition wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djhemmen 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed an Alarm/remote start combo in my 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid vehicle with success except for the remote start throwing the check engine and IMA light. The below info from the vehicle wiring diagram says NOT to wire the starter wire between the key and the fuse block(which like a dummy...I did!) It says to catch the wire "after" the fuse block. I can't seem to find the starter wire "after" the fuse block. There is no "BLACK/ white" starter wire coming out of the back of the fuse block...only between the key and front of the fuse block. I used my DMM and tried probing for the starter wire in the back of the fuse block but could not find one? Can anyone help me with the color and or pin# of the starter wire on the back of the fuse block? Thanks for your help.

"Installing A Starter Kill Relay At The Ignition Switch Harness Before The Starter Wire Enters The Driver Side Fuse Block May Cause A "Check Engine" Light To Come On. Starter Wire Should Be Accessed After Fuse Block. ** See Tech Notes Section *** See Tech Notes Section"

reyhb 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Why dont you try the blk/red wire coming out of the starter cut relay
djhemmen 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply reyhb....can you tell me where to find that relay/wire? I just probed all the wires on the backside of the fusebox again with my DMM and could not find a wire that showed 12 volts during the cranking cycle!!! Is that possible!?!?
djhemmen 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

After some additional Google seaching I found a site that says you cannot install a remote starter on a Honda Civic Hybrid??? Has anyone here successfully installed an RS on a Civic Hybrid without having the Check Engine/Integrated Motor Assist lights come on?

It's #56 just past halfway down the page.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18185

Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic