icon

08 jeep liberty remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joshk707 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I have started my first remote start install and very quickly decided it was the wrong choice to DIY. I have a viper 5704 with the xpresskit dball bypass, I am installing this on a 2008 Jeep Liberty and i have gotten everything to work except the remote start. when i try to remote start the car the remote says REMOTE START ERROR and the brain clicks 7 times. I see on my install tech sheet that the miltiplex wire needs a 610 ohm resistor do i still need to do that being i have the DBALL? any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
i just got closer by connecting the neutral safety wire to ground. that allowed the remote start to turn the ignition to on but car doesn't crank, it tries that 4 times then beeps on the remote remote start error but no flashes on the headlights to signal what the problem is.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

Wire 2 Wire or D2D?  With or without harness?  Keyless or NO keyless?  Did the DB-All program correctly?

If Wire 2 Wire, (W2W)  can yo list your connections?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:

Wire 2 Wire or D2D?  With or without harness?  Keyless or NO keyless?  Did the DB-All program correctly?

If Wire 2 Wire, (W2W)  can yo list your connections?

D2D, without harness, Keyless, the DBALL did program correctly, ive connected everything just like on the dball install sheet program 401.CHRYSLER - Install type 3B.
I have also connected the neutral safety wire to the ground wire on the remote start.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Is the viper set to manual or automatic transmission?  Does the car still start with the key?  If so, try inserting the key in the ignition, do not turn it, the try remote starting. See if it starts.
joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
it was set to manual but i changed it to Automatic, the car does start with the key but not with it just sitting in the ignition.
smokeman1 
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Does it remote start now that it is in automatic?  Or what does happen.

Have you done the TACH learning?

joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
it turns the instrument cluster panel and radio like if you were to turn the key to the on position and then turns off abruptly then tries again 3 more times then sends the REMOTE START ERROR code to the 2 way remote.
I have not tried tach learning because the car has to actually try to start before you can learn the tach, right?
joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
to learn the tach i need to connect a tach wire correct?
I assumed since the dball instructions did not tell me to connect a tach wire i did not and assumed the dball would get the info it needed from the canbus.
do you think connecting a tach wire and learning the tach would fix the issue or because the engine isnt even cranking there is something else wrong?
smokeman1 
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

I have used two DB-All for the first time last month. One on a 2005 Equinox and the other on a 2012 Edge. I did not use D2D on either of those installs because of all of the negitive posting about D2D.  I used W2W on both and they learned the TACH through the DB-All. That being said, to me it seems like the bypass might not be programed/working. Or time to double check the connections.  Could try reprogramming thr DB-All. 

Is the DB-All flashed with the correct firmware?

Ignition out of RS to ignition at ignition switch, Pin 3......Pin 8 & 9 from 12 pin of DB-All to MUX, Pin 1..... CAN low, Pin 7 to Pin 4 Tan of 14 Pin on DB-All 

Can high Pin 6 to Pin 3 Tan/Black of 14 Pin of DB-All....and  D2D connector.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic