compustar cm3000 remote won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snake07 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I installed the Compustar CM3000 remote starter/alarm on my 04 Acura MDX and it's been working fine since 2009 without any problem.

Recently my battery was dead and I found out the remote was in "Valet Mode", I jumped start the car and reset the remote and it's still works fine, after 2 days, the batery dead again and this time the remote also set to "Valet Mode",  I reset the remote but remote start won't work.  I replaced with a new battery and the remote still not working.

I remote start the car, the engine crank but the car won't start, after the remote trying for 3 times, the engine still not starting.

When I remote started the car, I did not see the Immobilizer sign on the instrument panel lit so I was wondering if immobilizer went bad.  I left the key in the car and remote started, the engine cranked but the car won't start either.

Do you think I have to reset the immobilizer and reset the remote starter after replacing the battery for the car ?

Thanks,

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Try starting the MDX with your key, then press the remote start button and turn the key off. Does the vehicle stay running with the remote starter?
Could be a tach issue. Where are you getting the tach signal from? Check the connection and relearn tach.
Also, what bypass module are you using for the immobilizer?
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your response,

I tried starting the MDX with the key, then press the remote start button and turn the key off. The vehicle stays running with the remote starter.

I used the tach signal from the BCU, under the glove box on the passanger side.

I used the DEI 556H bypass module.

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
You need to reprogam the tach signal. Start the car with the key, hold your foot on the brake, then press and hold the remote start button for roughly 3 seconds. The parking lights should flash once to confirm the signal was read.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

Think the CM3000 uses the older method of Tach Learning as follows :

Learning Tach/Injector Wire: Start the vehicle with the manual key and let the engine idle down. The next step
is to press the black tachometer button. The car siren will chirp once to confirm the tach was learned. If the
siren chirps 3 times, you have the wrong tach wire.

There should be a small push button on the side of the CM3000 brain next to the DIP jumper switches.

Soldering is fun!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I completely forgot about that. I think you are correct. My bad.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you all for the responses,

I did not have a chance to open the CM3000 controller to have tach relearned.

Kreg357 is correct, I reviewed the manual and tach learning by pressing the black button on the controller....

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

I have tach relearned this morning and parking light was flashing once so tach learned was confimred fine but the engine is still not running when remote started.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

PitStop mode works and the Tach signal is programmed.

Now that the Tach is good, it could be the 556H.  Try to re-program the 556H as follows :

1. Depress the programming button while inserting the wire
harness into the connector.
2. Release the programming button once the LED illuminates.
3. Turn the ignition to the On position.
4. Ensure that the module is in the correct mode by counting the
LED flashes (i.e. 1 flash = mode 1).
5. Press the program button to switch between modes 1 and 2.
6. Once the mode is selected, turn the ignition Off.
7. Turn the ignition back On and the LED will illuminate confirming
that the module has been programmed.
8. Turn the Ignition Off, remove the key and initiate the remote
start sequence.
NOTE: You must use the BLACK master key to complete the programming
procedure.

If that doesn't fix it, try this.  Unplug the 556H connector and use a bent staple to jump the Pink and Pink/black

wires together.  Then, hold a working ignition key right up against the ignition cylinder and try a remote start.
( You could also insert the key fully but not turn it. )  If it now starts, the 556H is bad.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2013 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

I open up the immobilizer today and it's not the 556H, my bad for forgeting the exact immobilizer model, it's been a while since I installed it, the right one is the PKH3.

I reprogrammed the immobilizer and the remote starter works fine now.

Thank you all for the good advices !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic