icon

output from remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Msp541 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have an avital 4113 remote starter and i also have a car alarm system installed in my work truck its a 2012 ford f350, now my question is can i use a output wire on the remote starter to activate the alarm the same time i hit the lock button on the remote starter? and then when i hit the unlock button it disarms the alarm, please let me know if this can be done i dont want to carry 2 remotes. Thanks!
Thanks, Bri
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Is the alarm a factory alarm or a aftermarket one?  If afteramrket which brand/model?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Its a aftermarket one and its a directed electronic one i believe automate 3808A. says AM1.5 in front on brain
Thanks, Bri
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Since you have a pickup, why not use the trunk release or Aux output of the Automate system to trigger the Avital to remote start the truck?
Since it's already setup for the locks and alarm?
You would connect the RED / white wire from the AM1.5 to the WHITE/ blue activation input wire of the Avital 4113. Set the activation pulses in the Avital menu to 1 press (default setting).
Every time you press the Aux button on the alarm system remote, it will activate the remote starter.
You won't have to carry 2 remotes. The alarm remote will control everything. output from remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2013 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply, can i arm the alarm through the remote starer? I only have 1 remote for the alarm so i have 2 remotes for the remote starter, can that be done or no? If not i will do the alarm way. please let me know.... thanks! brian
Thanks, Bri
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately since the 4113 is a one-button model with no locking ability, you can't use it to arm the alarm.
Actually, come to think of it, even if it had locking capability, there is no input on the Automate that would allow for external arming from another device.
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Frank-
I apologize its the Avital 4103 remote starter i was confussed with the model numbers.
Thanks, Bri
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Can you program the 4103 remote to the automate and then do as frank suggested.
Advanced
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
I can do that but wanted to use the avital because its got the locks hooked up. Only thing i want is the alarm to be working with the remote starter.... i didnt know the wiring for that just dont want to smoke anything up
Thanks, Bri
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks all set did what Frank suggested! output from remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
Thanks, Bri

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic