icon

bypass module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
So on my 08 Altima I have a Viper 5902 with a DB-ALL and the DB-ALL seem to want to work when ever it wants and sometime it forgets to send the locks the lock command. I saw that they have a new firmware(I'm running the one from 2011)but it requires a few more wire changes which I'm thinking of doing. My question is, are the DB-ALL becoming more reliable?
I have a friend that wants me to install a Viper Responder One Remote Start on her 09 Nissan Murano which runs the same programming as my 08 Altima but I want her remote start to be reliable not like my car. I know people say that iDataLink is better and I did installed one on my friends 99 Accord and he never had an issue but I was looking at SonixElectronics and they carry another competitor, Omega. Is Omega good? It is compatible with the D2D port like the xpresskit?
Thanks
Carlos
2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
The Omega bypass modules are made by idatalink for Omega.
I'll be brutally honest about the DBALLs. I used to install them alot until I started having major issues with them not working when they needed to or not programming properly. They are decent at best in my book. That goes for any of DEI's bypass modules. Most are rebranded Fortin modules with DEI code embedded in them. And others are just literally the same Fortin module with the Directed name printed on it.
I love idatalink modules and only use them or Fortin as a backup.
iDatalink makes modules also for Omega and Audiovox (Flashlogic) and some firmwares vary slightly but are the same equipment. Support is different though and iDatalink requires a dealer account to flash the modules. Overall, their modules work the first time, every time!
Omega is a great brand of module. The Omega remote starters are made by Audiovox and the modules are made by iDatalink.
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yea that was my feeling. I was thinking about ripping out my Viper 5902 and and DB-All. I use to use Crimestopper, so I'm thinking about selling my old stuff and buying a Crimestopper and Fortin bypass since they talk with each other.
2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
I use a lot of Crimestopper today. I still install the DEI units if requested but I feel the Crimestopper units just work really well.
And they integrate perfectly with the iDatalink or Fortin modules.
In my opinion, you can't go wrong with them.
I've seen too many funky things happening with Vipers and other DEI products lately. Not ok in my book.   bypass module - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic