icon

2006 ford explorer pats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stanger90 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
I'm having problems getting this vehicle to bypass the PATS system. I've tried to different idatalink modules without any luck. It runs and starts with a key in the ignition so the remote start is working fine. It's almost as if there should be a keysense wire on this vehicle that I'm not seeing.
What is you favorite or best bypass module????
It must be the procedure that I'm using, has anyone got one of these vehicles to work?? Frustrating....
Thanks,
John
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
I use idatalink primarily and on Fords, I use the ADS-TB and always works great.
What idatalink bypass are you using? Did you flash the modules with the correct firmware for the truck? It should flashed with TB-FM2.
Make sure you check and sometimes even reverse the TX and RX wires from the idatalink to the pats wires. I've had that issue with a couple of Fords and Mazdas where the TX and RX wires were backwards even though the manual said it was correct.
stanger90 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply,
I have two different modules: the ADS-TB(8) just reflashed it with the ADS-TB-FM (2.2) firmware.
And the: ADS-TBSL TI, reflashed with the ADS-TBSL-TI (2) firmware.
I tried both of these with different results, with the TB LED turns red during programming but never green. The TI just flashes red as soon as it's plugged in I believe. I'm going out to try this again, if I have problems I'll try switching the RX TX wires.
Is there a limited number of times one can try to program the PATS before it's 8 slots are full? <-- always wondered that??
Thanks,
John
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
I believe if the programming didn't take, then it won't fill one of the key slots.
You can also try flashing by Firmware and picking TB-KO on the ADS-TB and see if that works better. But I'm betting anything if you reverse the RX and TX it will work.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Might want to double check the wiring. On a 2006 focus I did, there was a pair of wires the same color as the TX and RX wires bundeled together in the harness. I was on the wrong wires.  Re traced the wires from the PATS, reconnected and the Fortin Key Override programed right away.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
stanger90 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Frank, thanks for the input. I reversed the wires and now it works with the TB.
I installed a GS7 G4 Crimestopper Remote start. I just realized that I set the unit back to factory settings last night so today after I had it running I went thru and resetup it for a ADS rather that the Fortin Datalink output. For some reason the car won't start after this, the security light just flashes? Don't care it's working.. Thanks again.
John

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic