icon

reccommend 10 sub, mounting depth less than 6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilflippy 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Im looking into 2 10" subs that have a mounting depth of 6" or less.
Currenty interested in the 10" JL Audio W3V3.
But what do ya think? JL Audio or somthing else?
Please reply back thanks
under_lucky 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
What are you looking for out of the sound? More SPL or SQ or a good combination of both? You really cannot go wrong with the JL's but depending on what you are looking for you may be able to find something better or comparable for cheaper. What type of amp will you be running? I have owned many subs from a 12W7, 10W7, Type X, Type R, HE2, Kappa Perfect to an Audioque and some. It seems that almost any sub paired with the right amp and most importantly, in the right enclosure can sound good. It just depends on what you want.
lilflippy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
under_lucky wrote:
What are you looking for out of the sound? More SPL or SQ or a good combination of both? You really cannot go wrong with the JL's but depending on what you are looking for you may be able to find something better or comparable for cheaper. What type of amp will you be running? I have owned many subs from a 12W7, 10W7, Type X, Type R, HE2, Kappa Perfect to an Audioque and some. It seems that almost any sub paired with the right amp and most importantly, in the right enclosure can sound good. It just depends on what you want.
Well I have a 97 ford f150 Ext cab. And I bought the cunstom box that goes under the rearseat. Its a sealed box for 2 10" and each chamber is 0.65 cubic inch. I bought the jl 10w3v3 but they do not fit. Whatcha think about the JL Audio 10w1v2? Also im looking dor deep bass and SQ.
under_lucky 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
What is the mounting diameter of the holes in the box? The W1 is a pretty good sub for the price. What type of budget are working with? There are many options for a little more than what you could get the W1s for. What amp will you be using to push them?
lilflippy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
The mounting depth for the box says 6" however those jl audio 10w3v3 have a top mounting depth of 5.93" and they do not fit. And the amp I'm running is a clarion DPX11551 it puts out 1550/email into 2ohms. What other sub options were ya thinking about?
under_lucky 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
That amp is too much for two W1s... Have you measured the box to see what the mounting depth actually is? A couple options to look at would be:
(Links are for reference only, not a suggestion on where to purchase them)
SUNDOWN AUDIO SD-2 10D2
http://www./itm/SD-2-10D2-SUNDOWN-AUDIO-SLIM-MOUNT-10-DUAL-2-OHM-SUBWOOFER-SHALLOW-SERIES-SUB-/130616605417?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item1e695b3ae9&vxp=mtr
FiX10 (if it will fit)
http://store.ficaraudio.com/x10/
Alpine Type R
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SWR10D2/Alpine-SWR-10D2.html?tp=111
Orion XTRPRO102
http://www.online/CarAudio/p_21157_Orion_XTRPRO102.aspx
These are just a couple options that would be able to handle your amp better.
lilflippy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I had my amp on two 12" kicker L7 in a ported qlogic box. I had the subs laying on top of my rear seat. But now I want a cleaner look so i bought that under the seat custom subwoofer box. The box i have is weird its on a slant so one side measures 5.5" depth and the other 6.5" depth I guess thats how they got the 6" mounting depth from.And from the subs ya recommended The sundown would fit definitely. But I am liking that type r which had a mounting depth of 5.875 which would be pushing it. Im not sure if that would fit
lilflippy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Whatcha think about the Alpine SWS-10D2 type S?
under_lucky 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
I actually had a set of those a couple years back. They do not get the best hype but I honestly over powered them and beat the crap out of them and they never failed. The are not as loud as some subs but in your vehicle they would be good.
lilflippy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Im think i can use subs with a mounting depth of 5.8125 any other suggestions?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic