icon

2010 nissan rogue starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
voltswagon 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
I like to know procedure to disassemble the bottom steering panel without breaking any thing. I only saw one hex screw by the the hatch lever. This is not the cover for the ignition.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
can you post a picture or two?
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
I want to say there are 3 torx screws on the bottom. I do remember the screw or screws will only be at the bottom. Then the top half and bottom half just pull apart. To get the bottom piece totally off, I work on the left side first with the lever. I drop the left side down and out from around the lever. You have to kinda pull on it towards the left while getting the lever out from it. once the lever is out, the right side will be still around the ignition tumbler. then shift it to the right and you'll be able to get it out from around the ignition switch. Its easier to put it back on...lol.
Cars fairly easy with the EVO Can module by Fortin. The OBD2 connection harness is nice and long, you get your CAN wires there. Ignition harness goes up the left side of the column, you can unplug it and make your connections. The TX/RX wires are on the top of the steering column towards the back, I unplug that too and make my connections. The keysense wires are next to the key cylinder and I believe below it. You can unplug that too, but make sure you test which wires are the 12 volt constants and the actual keysense wires before you unplug it. The Drivers door Pin wire and Positive parking lights are in the drivers kick panel in the white plugs down there. they are in 2 different plugs. Parking lights are in a higher plug and drivers pin is in the lower plugs.
Take over with the Evo-Can works flawlessly with the OEM remote or the button on the drivers door handle(if equipped). I usually do a 1 button remote starter on this car.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
quick thought, maybe the TX/RX connector isn't actually on the top of the steering column and back, but after I unplug it, that definitely where I make my connections. You'll know what I mean when you see it.
voltswagon 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2013 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thread discontinued

Anyone interested in this subject could follow this link:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133225&KW=voltswagon

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic