Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rickyklu 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
people...
Got a little question for you guys about polyester
I have a fiat punto MK2 from november 99, Like most of you will know this has room for a 1din HU, but I want to loose that Idea, so a 2din HU has to be fitted in there,I have the metal part that holds the HU already in place in a 2nd vent panel I got from the scrapyard, But the front of the radio had to be about 4 more centimeters further as the standard is/was Because of this I have to reform/design the panel around/above the HU, otherwise I will look onto the metal case that holds the radio, and as you al can agree that's not really nice, I already got some glasfiber mats and some polyester filler, so I think I have the right stuff to get this done, but how?
So, my question to you is does anybody has an idea to get this done I'll bet someone does, :P haha. I have never worked with this stuff and never attemped something like this so I do not know where and how to start.
Now something about this part that has to be reshaped!
This panel that forms like a U around the top and half way down the sides of the HU has to be extended to the edge of the metal case that holds the radio, has someone got an Idea or manual to get this done,...   Yeah yeah pics are comming :P
Hope to hear it soon,....
Down here is how the dual din case is fitted in the 2nd vent panel,
applying polyester? -- posted image.
The top part what is nicely shaped is the part that has to be reshaped/extended ....!!!
This is without that panel, now you see the screwholes that hold the vents panel against the dashboard, So to ad something to my question
It really has to be a extension of that particular panel, I have to be able to take it on and of when I want to, otherwise I couldnt fit the vents to the dash, and I dont this that is good for the coming alpine HU
I have tried to get some shape with some ducktape but I didnt convince my self to accapt it :P and give it a try!
If there isnt enough information pls contact me and I'll provide you with it! dont bother to ask,....
Thx in advance
Rick van Eijk
netherlands, the
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic