icon

ford oem remote start open door eng dies

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
According to my installers, this is normal operation. I just find it HARD to believe that this is the norm. What good is a remote start if the vehicle dies when you open the door. Has anybody researched this unit to see if we could use the foot brake as a shutoff.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
I do a bunch of ford stuff what car and system ?
I know on like the Lincoln mkz and similar the kit I get shuts down when the door is opened or key is inserted into the ingition. I usually just cut and isolate the door trigger and key sense from the remote start. Door trigger is GREEN/ purple in the A harness and keysense is BLACK/ white in the B harness. That way the remote start doesn't see the door open or the key inserted but still shuts down when the brake is pressed. By the way these are the 1 button code systems that I
Use.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  

On Toyota, Lexus, Honda, etc. the RS shuts off when the door is opened so why not a Ford? Very possible...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
Add Subaru Factory R/S to that list...   Must be a liability thing.
Soldering is fun!
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
on the newer 2010 cars and newer with the one button add on systems, the cars have my key which recognizes the key for the driving restrictions for a teenager. It makes you start the car with the key that has the restrictions. Otherwise when you remote start it sees a master key that has no restrictions. It can be turned off in programming for the one buttons.
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Chev, that was the info I was looking for. Customer came in yesterday with a 2010 f150 that had the Ford/Code Alarm one button device that was added on, then I asked my installers and one of them has a 2013 f150 that came with rem start and he told me that his works that way too. I was going to take the door trigger wire and connect it to the foot brake output, but I will check the foot brake and see if it kills the vehicle and just cut the 2 wires you mentioned. ;
I just think it is stupid to remote start your vehicle, then have to start it again when you get in.
I see money in this.
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Turns out the installer that was here yesterday has no idea how the other installer's remote start works. According to the installer that owns the new F-150 the truck does not die when the door is opened. He did not drive the truck today and claims it does not die even when the brake is depressed. I think I will have to check this tomorrow.
I was more worried about getting the add on piece to work properly.
Thanks everyone for your input.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
No problem hope it works out for you. The new systems for the f150 that I've done were different its a small add on module and it gets programmed using the ford ids software. Then you would use the instrument cluster to change settings.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
The newer ford system is a plug in module and program 2 new keys with the shop IDS. The older units from 2007-2010 were an add on 1 button fob. The cars that had mykey shut down when the door is opened for safety reasons. If it was remote started with a master key, it would not enable the restrictions connected to the particular key that had the restrictions programmed.
It makes you start the truck with either the master key or the restricted key so the truck knows who is driving.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
We did a KIB in a new Toyota PTS to avoid the engine shutting-down with door open... She disliked when she opens a door to grab ice scraper, the car shuts off... Though the Car Has already been warmed up to operational temp...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic