the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

subaru factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
I'm working on a 2006 Impreza and everything is done, but there is one issue that is bugging the hell out of me... as most of these Subaru's do. The factory alarm is only controlled by the factory remote (no arm / disarm) which normally would be perfectly fine because I just tell the customer to throw the factory remote in a drawer and never use it. However this one is a bit different. I noticed that, similar to GM's, if I lock it with the aftermarket remote with the door open, and then close the door, the alarm sets; but it does not disarm with unlock from the aftermarket remote. Ready remote says that I can open up the ignition sense of the factory alarm so it does not trigger with remote start, but it does not help with unlocking and getting into the vehicle. Anyone have any tricks that I can do to either prevent the factory alarm from arming on lock with the door open, or even better, a way to disarm the alarm? I know that it's a rare chance that the customer would lock the door with the door open, but I like to cover all possible bases so that he never has an issue.
I was thinking about possibly using a relay run off the lock output to open the door trigger wire when arming. Then the vehicle would think the door was closed when locking thus preventing the alarm from arming... but I'm not quite sure if the timing will be correct every time since it is just a quick pulse.
Any ideas?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html#05 . Here you go Kenny just turn the factory alarm off altogether. I have done two subaru's and have done this both times.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
Perfect.. thanks. I saw that ready remote gave the option to turn it off, but I assumed it had to be done at the dealership.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic