icon

Need help! 2002 dodge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wm2k3 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I've installed an autopage 750 lcd alarm/remote starter on a 2002 dodge durango.

I have a few problems.

1.  I can't get the alarm to notice the tach signal.  It maybe i have it hooked up to the wrong wire.  So if anyone knows where the tach signal is, could you please let me know.   It's the 4.7L v8 engine.  So it is the multi coil system.  (can i use the GREEN/ orange wire)  that's what i'm using now. 

Also i got the imobilser bypass, not to sure if i did that right.  The instructions say to loop it around the ignition key twice, i did that.  Hooked up the 12 volt constant and the ignition 3 (-) from the alarm.  Is there anyway to figure out if i got it done right? 

And how many ignition wires do i need to use??  I've hooked up 2 plus the heater/AC wire up. 

2.  To bypass the factory alarm I've used a 1.5K ohm resistor.  I hooked up the keyless entry (blue and green wires) with the correct resistors( 820ohm and 319ohm)  can i just hook that straight onto the negative pulse on the factory system? Cause i did that and the lock works but the unlock doesn't.

please help, this is for my bosses truck and I need to get this done. 

Thanks in advance,

Derek

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Tach Signal BLACK/ GRAY AT IGNITION COIL OR PCM
* Ignition Coil Is Located On Passenger Front Of Engine. Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Is Located On Passenger Rear Of Engine Compartment In Front Washer Fluid Reservoir
WHITE/ D GREEN Wire Must See Ground Through 820 Ohm Resistor To Lock And Ground through 319 Ohm Resistor to Unlock.
OEM Alarm Arm L GREEN/ ORANGE (-) CENTRAL TIMER MOD LOCATED HIGH IN **
OEM Alarm Disarm SINGLE WIRE SYSTEM DRIVER KICK PANEL
** Use 644 Ohm Resistor To Arm/Lock, Use 1.5k Ohm Resister To Disarm.
Ignition #2 D GREEN/ RED IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS ** #235
Ignition #3 BLACK/ ORANGE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
** IGN #4 DRK GREEN HVAC Controls
check all wire with a meter. you may also need to use relays for the extra ign. wires
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2003 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
you dont need tach change to voltage sense. it works fine
Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
Wm2k3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2003 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
ok that voltage sense doesn't make any sense to me.   How do you hook the voltage sense up?  that means i don't need to hook up the tach wire at all?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 10, 2003 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
1. Voltage sense works sometimes, but why not just do it right?
If you're going to one of the coil packs for tach and you're using the GREEN/ orange, you just have the wrong wire, that's all. Look again at all the coil packs, and you'll notice that one wire is always the same color, and another is always different...I think they're tan with different color stripes. You want to use the wire that's always different.
Immobilizer bypass: Make this the last thing you worry about on your installation. Complete everything else first. Then, leave one of your keys sitting in the ignition and attempt to remote start....does it work? If it works, the rest of your install is good, and you can set up your immobilizer bypass......or if it doesn't work, you have other install errors; deal with them first.
2. Arm, disarm, lock, unlock.....this can get slightly complicated, so let me briefly explain, so you know what's going on.
You may notice that if you insert your key in the driver's door and turn it, all the doors will lock, and the factory Dodge alarm will arm.
If you turn the key the other way once, the domelight will come on, and the Dodge alarm will disarm. If you turn it in that same direction again, the doors will unlock.
And you don't want to throw away your factory alarm, do you? Better to keep it working! The more security the better.
So the wire you want to find is actually the light GREEN/ orange, at the CTM in the driver's kick. The wire will test as a partial ground when you turn the key back and forth in the door.
And you can't just hook the alarm's outputs straight up to the car through resistors. Some tech sheets say that you must use the alarm's outputs to trigger relays, and use the relays to trigger the resistors...but I find this unnecessary. It will usually work if you just isolate the alarm's outputs from each other with diodes.
So, here's what you'd do. You'll connect your alarm's lock output to a 644-ohm resistor, then through a 1-amp diode, and then to the Dodge's light GREEN/ orange.
Take the alarm's unlock output, and the factory alarm disarm output, and connect them BOTH directly to a 1565-ohm resistor, and then through a 1-amp diode, and then to the Dodge's light GREEN/ orange.
But here's the catch. The diodes reduce the alarm's output just a little bit......you're going to have to make the resistor values just a little bit lower to compensate. I couldn't tell you the exact value that will work, but you don't have to be too picky....shoot for about 10% lower than the stated values and see if it works.
And if your resistors are off a little, you won't break anything....it just won't work, that's all. Also, don't forget to set your alarm to double-pulse unlock.
|       ITEM      |     WIRE COLOR     |POL|       WIRE LOCATION        |
|              12V|pnk/blk & RED / lt blu|+ |ignition harness            |
|          STARTER|yellow              |+ |ignition harness            |
|        IGNITION|blue               |+ |ignition harness            |
| SECOND IGNITION|GREEN/ red    (18 ga)|+ |ignition harness            |
|        ACCESSORY|BLACK/ orange        |+ |ignition harness            |
| SECOND ACCESSORY|green               |+ |ignition harness            |
|       POWER LOCK|WHITE/ green        |*1 |conn. 2, pin 10 @ CTM *2    |
|     POWER UNLOCK|same wire           |   |                            |
|       LOCK MOTOR|ORANGE / black        |   |conn. 2, pin 4 @ CTM *2     |
|     UNLOCK MOTOR|blue               |   |conn. 2, pin 6 @ CTM *2     |
|    DISARM DEFEAT|pink/black          |   |conn. 2, pin 5 @ CTM *2     |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|BLACK / YELLOW        |   |headlight switch            |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|RED / yellow          |   |conn. 1, pin 4 @ CTM *2     |
|       HEADLIGHTS|lt. GREEN/ orange    |- |headlight switch            |
|     DOOR TRIGGER|*3                  |- |CTM *2                      |
| DOME SUPERVISION|use door trigger    |   |                            |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|tan/black           |- |conn. 2, pin 7 @ CTM *2     |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM|lt. GREEN/ orange    |*4 |conn. 2, pin 14 @ CTM *2    |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|same wire           |   |                            |
|       TACHOMETER|*5                  |   |ignition coil               |
|      SPEED SENSE|WHITE/ orange or blue|   |conn. 2, pin 27 @ PCM *6    |
|       BRAKE WIRE|WHITE/ tan           |+ |brake pedal switch          |
|     HORN TRIGGER|BLACK/ red           |- |steering column or CTM *2   |
|           WIPERS|purple(L), RED / gry(H|+ |steering column             |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|lt. blue - white    |A |driver window switch        |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|brn/wht - pur/wht   |A |driver kick panel           |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN|blu/wht - RED / blk   |A |driver kick panel           |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN|gry/blk - grn/wht   |A |driver kick panel           |
|        RADIO 12V|pink               |+ |radio                      |
|     RADIO GROUND|black               |- |radio                      |
|     RADIO SWITCH|RED / white           |+ |radio                      |
| RADIO ILLUMINATE|white               |+ |radio                      |
|       LF SPEAKER|lt grn/pu-lt grn/grn|   |radio                      |
|       RF SPEAKER|lt blu/pu-lt blu/blk|   |radio                      |
|       LR SPEAKER|wht/red - wht/blk   |   |radio                      |
|       RR SPEAKER|tan/pur - tan/blk   |   |radio                      |
Notes:
NOTE: Chrysler vehicles that use a gray ignition key have an immobilizer system that needs to be bypassed when remote starting. Use DEI part number 555C or 555U. *1 Lock is negative trigger thru a 820 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. MUST use relays. *2 The Central Timer Module is in the driver kick panel. *3 The driver door trigger is tan in connector 2, pin 15. The passenger door trigger (and rears) is tan/red in connector 2, pin 13. Use both and diode isolate each. See directfax document #1076 for wiring information. *4 Arm is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm is negative trigger thru a 1565 ohm resistor. MUST use relays. This wire will also lock the doors, and it will unlock with a double pulse. *5 On the 5.9L models use BLACK/ gray at the ignition coil. The 4.7L models have an ignition coil for each cylinder, use the wires that is NOT GREEN/ orange at one of the coils. *6 The Powertrain Control Module is on the passenger fender.
Wm2k3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2003 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  

ok well i wasn't using the GREEN/ orange wire in the first place, but what i did was change the cylinders, it seemed to make a difference, but when i tried to set the tach up for rpm settings it wouldn't read anything.  but when i tried to start it with the new wire, the pager didn't make any noise, before it did.  So i think i got some progress done.   I didn't get to the power locks today, because all the shops are closed on sunday. 

Does it make sense that 4 install bays i've been to in the last few days don't sell resistors or even have any?   I know the place i worked at had stock piles of that stuff.  Is it  not as common anymore?   I had to go to an electronics store to get that stuff.  Even radio shack doesn't sell them anymore.  Well i'm just really disappointed that i couldn't get that to work.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic