the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar cm6200 checking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure I understand the question.

You can program the remotes to the Compustar at any time, with or without the EBrake connection.  This is

usually done as the first step after install and power is applied to the unit.  Just follow the steps listed earlier
by Kenny.
"You also need to program the remotes to the unit before it will work. To program the remotes, cycle the ignition
on/off 5 times and you will hear a faint 'click' from the starter. Press the lock button on each remote. With each
lock press, you will see the lights flash to give you confirmation."

The Compustar must see the EBrake input go active to enter into Reservation Mode.  The Compustar EBrake

input is a permanent and mandatory connection to the vehicles EBrake wire.  ( Other mandatory connections
with a manual transmission install are Door Triggers and Tach wire, along with Tach Mode programming.)

Soldering is fun!
hardrew_rolly 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Not sure I understand the question.

You can program the remotes to the Compustar at any time, with or without the EBrake connection.  This is

usually done as the first step after install and power is applied to the unit.  Just follow the steps listed earlier
by Kenny.
"You also need to program the remotes to the unit before it will work. To program the remotes, cycle the ignition
on/off 5 times and you will hear a faint 'click' from the starter. Press the lock button on each remote. With each
lock press, you will see the lights flash to give you confirmation."

The Compustar must see the EBrake input go active to enter into Reservation Mode.  The Compustar EBrake

input is a permanent and mandatory connection to the vehicles EBrake wire.  ( Other mandatory connections
with a manual transmission install are Door Triggers and Tach wire, along with Tach Mode programming.)

you understand the question because you gave me the answer that im looking for. so i need to hook up first the ebrake for the remote to be active..
thanks for the help. :)
hardrew_rolly 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys.. The remote is already active.. I hook everything even the tach wire.. I hook the tach wire in under the hood in the diagnostic plug(yellow wire) but still tach wont learn.. Any other location for the tach wire?
Thanks!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
You can always find tach at any fuel injector. Find 2 injectors, they will each have 1 common wire and 1 uncommon wire. Use the uncommon wire from any injector.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
hardrew_rolly 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2013 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
You can always find tach at any fuel injector. Find 2 injectors, they will each have 1 common wire and 1 uncommon wire. Use the uncommon wire from any injector.
Thank you for the reply.. The problem is i don't know how to find the one in the fuel injector.. In my civic i easily find it.. But i don't know in kia sephia.. Can you point me in the right location..
And one more thing.. What are the possible cause(s) if the tach didn't learn?
Thanks!
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2013 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
You just have to find the fuel injectors and they will usually only have 2 wires in each injector.... I'm not quite sure I understand what you can't find. The only reasons a tach wouldn't learn are a) you have the wrong wire, b) the signal is too low of a threshold for the unit to recognize or c) you didn't learn it correctly. Did you test the wire for a tach signal before connecting to it?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
hardrew_rolly 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
hi, thank you for the reply.
i checked all my connection and everything is good. i check my tach connection. the multimeter reading on the kia sephia is 30.4 and i even check my tach connection on my civic to compare the reading and the tach reading is 13.3. i am thinking, the reason why the tach is not learning because the tach output of the car is too high? is it right?
p.s.   when i try to program the tach parklight flashes twice then it will flash again three times.(meaning tach is not learning according to the manual).
thank you.
offroadzj 
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
With the red lead of your DMM on the suspected wire, the black lead on a known ground, the DMM on AC voltage, you should see a fluctuation in the voltage as you give it more gas (higher rpm). I've never had an issue on any Kia with tach learning. What wire did you end up connecting to?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
hardrew_rolly 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
When i give more gas the reading won't go higher than 1 and when i let it go it goes down then ho back to 30.4 or 30.3..
offroadzj 
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
What is the DMM set on? that seems really high. It should only be a few volts... not 30. It sounds like you may have the wrong wire. Which wire did you go to?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic