icon

Pre-amp outputs.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Zx9r 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Just had a question on the best way to go with pre-amp outputs. At this current time I have a kenwood cd changer/tape deck  models 403 tape, cd607 I think, I have a audio control line drive to boost my pre-amp outputs .  it is said to be 5-9 volts Rms, but I have heard that when you use a line driver to boost your pre-amp outputs this can be a vary dirty signal and you can lose sound quality, Do you think this is true or not. I am going to purchase a new head unit at this time, If I purchase a head unit with a good amount of output and sound quality do you think this will give me better sound. any input on this would be much appreciated.
--zx9r
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2003 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt be too worried about your Audio Control line driver...it is probably one of the better line drivers available and I dont think you will induce any noise into your system that you could ever notice with that unit...
there are some line drivers out there that I would stay away from personally (Boss, Legacy, Sherwood, Pyramid) if you are concerned about SQ, but you should just buy whatever deck you like best and not be concerned about pre-out Voltage so much...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic