icon

hood/trunk trigger and hatch release

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsotomar 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Installed an autopage RS/alarm with idatalink ads-tb in a 02 explorer. Everything is installed, with isolated door triggers. But the only problem is the hood/trunk trigger keeps flashing open, and hatch release needs to be connected. Diagram shows tan/LtGrn is hood pin and WHITE/ violet is trunk trigger, I connected "Blue Wire:(-) Zone 2 Negative Hood/Trunk trigger" from alarm to both of these wires. I know thats wrong, but I took a look at vinchinzo's pictorial, but couldnt find where he made the connections.
As for the hatch, I see the purple / YELLOW in Rear/pass sill (my guess Hatch release), maybe this would need to be relayed and connected to the "[/URL]Gray Wire: (-) 200mA Channel 2 (Trunk) Output". In this first link, is the relay i created for the hatch release (not connected yet).
What I need help is with how to wire the hood/trunk. Do these need to be isolated like the door triggers, since both need to be connected to the same wire? and is a relay required for the hatch release.
Thanks,
PS I am more frustrated than a amish electrician..lol...just kidding
Hatch Release Relay (2nd picture)
Vinchinzo's pictorial
I love Cheese.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
The WHITE/ violet trunk wire and the hood wire must be isolated from the bcm just like the door triggers. As for the trunk release, the relay shown is correct for your install.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jsotomar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
You sir, are the man! Thanks!
I love Cheese.
jsotomar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Cannot find the hood wire from the BCM. Found the WHITE/ purple, not the tan/ltgrn. There is a tan/ltgrn on the driver kick panel, harness going towards rear (smaller harness)
I love Cheese.
jsotomar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Added the Diodes to trunk and hood trigger wires. But, i dont think they're the correct wires. LCD still shows hood/trunk open occasionally
The WHITE/ violet wire was located under the glove compartment, BCM Module with 2 connectors (Grey & Black). Maybe 20gauge wire?
The Hood, tan/LtGrn, is not located at the BCM. The only tan/LtGrn I could find was along the driver sill heading to rear. But that doesnt make sense since the BCM is on the right passenger side. Maybe 20gauge wire?
Thanks!
I love Cheese.
jsotomar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, now that I remember, there was a Brwn/LtGrn wire at the BCM.
But tan is not brown....
I love Cheese.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic