icon

finished system,but need help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
equalizir 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

hi all,i finally finished putting together my audio system.well i thought i did.i fired the car up after it had been sitting for almost two months now.it sounded pretty good.the only problem being i could only get the front speakers working.first ill list my setup,than list the problems/questions

clarion db625mp head unit

infinity kappa perfect 5.1 components

infinity 652i coaxials

audiocontrol 3xs crossover

zapco studio 100,150 and competition 2z50 amp

jl audio wo12" sub

first off on my audiocontrol crossover since my front components came with passive crossovers i decided to use them instead of the 3xs.so i didnt use the front rca input on the 3xs.i only added the rear input to the crossover.should this matter?should i just run an rca line from the headunit to the front input of the crossover?the reason i ask this is because i have my studio 150 wired to my sub.the 150 powers up but im not getting anything from it.i have the sub output from my crossover to the sub amp.im wondering if the crossover isnt working because of what i mentioned earlier about not using the front rca inputs?thats one thing id like to know if i should do or just leave it alone.

the other problem i have is my studio 100 amp is wired with my rear coaxial speakers.the amp doesnt even power up so i dont know what the deal with it is.does this mean the amp is dead or ...?is there a way i can test the amp without having it in the car?i just wanna make sure its working first.if not ill just get another one,but it cost me a bunch so id like to keep it if possible.

i forgot to mention that i have the three amp turnons,crossover and two fans hooked up to a relay.i dont know if this matters but i thought id mention it.

i know this is alot of information but if anyone can help me id really appreciate it.thanks alot

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
You can run seperate power and remote lines from the battery directly to the amp without having it in the car. If that works and the amp turns on, then you probably either overloaded the relay or wired it incorrectly. Your remote leads should be reading 12v at each amp.
Did you check your fuses? A blown fuse would also prevent the amp from turning on.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
equalizir 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok,ill check that out.i didnt know you could overload the relay.ill test the amp out tommorrow and see what i get.ill post back here.thanks squirrel
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
No prob. I'm not sure if "overloading the relay" was the correct termenology or not, I'm still learning more about using them. But I do know that if an amp isn't getting the full 12v from the remote then it will either not turn on, or do some other funny things. If it turns out to be the remote lead wasn't getting the correct voltage, then you can wire it into the acc of the ignition harness instead and the amp will turn on and off with the car (instead of the headunit), but will still work fine.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic