the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start with factory fob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uncledeadly 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote uncledeadly

I have a couple people who are interested in adding a remote start to their cars and would like to use the factory remote for this.

I've explained the advantages of getting a two way and using the aftermarket fob as well as the disadvantages of using their existing factory remote.

After a bit of digging I found the Audiovox as-9076. It appears as though this unit can be operated with the factory remote.

Can I use any bypass with it? I have done a couple installs with the db-all from xpresskit and was quite happy with it. Will this work with the 9076?

Thanks

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shortcircuit161
The db-all can be connected to any remote starter in W2W mode. I don't believe the Audiovox units "speak" the same language the db-all does to use it in D2D mode.
Most of the Audiovox units are Fortin or iDatalink compatible in D2D only.
uncledeadly 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote uncledeadly

That's great info.

So which Fortin bypass would you recommend for this application? I wouldn't mind hooking it up D2D.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mike M2

Using the Idatalink/Flashlogic bypasses will allow D2D and make the job easier. Unless something has changed recently the Fortin units won't work D2D with Avox products. The AS9076C has been discontinued so get them while you can. They also offer the AS9234, which is alarm and remote start off of the factory fob. We are installing these and just not hooking up the alarm part if that's what they want.

Idatalink/Flashlogic also offers bypasses that are the remote start too. This makes it easier and cheaper because you don't need to buy a remote start at all. On select GM's, most all Chrysler products, any PTS toyota product you can buy the module from Idatalink and control it from the factory fob. On PTS KIa and Hyundai you can buy a basic RF remote and add it. I can buy an FLCAN and harness from Flashlogic and install a remote start in a Dodge Charger in under 10 minutes with only one wire to connect(parking lights).

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shortcircuit161
Thank you Mike M2! I should have remembered that Fortin won't work with Audiovox in D2D (after all, they do have their Flashlogic units that are made by idatalink).
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lucasoil4u
I installed a remote start Excalibur AL1850 with Al Blade 64 and I could use the factory remotes. for lock/unlock/ press lock 3 times remote start. 2012 Tundra.
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2016 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
Hey I know this is an old post but I'm installing an Excalibur on a 2006 Silverado. I have been researching how to use the factory FOB to remote start the truck also. What I’ve found so far is that I can hook the white blue wire from my 2060 to the lock motor and set it to pulse 3 times. Can anyone confirm this?
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2016 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
The lock motor will pulse +.     Does your activation wire accept + for activation? If yes, then yeah, that will work.
If no, you'll need to use a relay and get your - pulses
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2016 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
I love how I get myself so involved in this stuff!! lol this is my first RS install but I think for the most part I have it figured out.
Looking at this I'm guessing no relay would be needed?
WHITE/ Blue Wire - Remote Start Activation (-) Input
This input will activate the system’s remote start function when it receives a negative pulse.
Another pulse during remote start will turn off the remote start. You can change this to multiple
pulses activation with installer feature #1.
CONNECTION: Connect to any device you desire to activate remote start. It can be connected
directly to doorlock motor wires for activation from OEM keyless entry if the wire rests at ground
and pulses positive. The return to ground is counted as 1 pulse. NO RELAY IS NEEDED.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic