idatalink for 2003 honda prelude coupe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mysticalp 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hello.....

I am need of some advice and help.  Can anyone guide me as to if I can use the iDatalink ADS-TB to install on an 2003 Honda Accord Coupe?  I am wanting to make sure.  ALso, if possible; which program can I flash it with.....There seems to be a few I think.....  Thank-You in Advance......

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

The post title says 2003 Prelude but the post comments say 2003 Accord Coupe.  Went with Accord because the Prelude wasn't made after 2001.

There are several you can use to do the transponder bypass on your 2003 Accord coupe.  First question is what R/S unit are you going to use with this bypass module and are you planning to go with W2W or D2D connections between the two modules?

Personally I would go with W2W, which will work with any brand of R/S unit.  While it is a few more wires to run, it always works.  Going that way, the most correct firmware to flash on the ADS TB would be ADS TB HA and follow the Section A Type 2 wiring diagram in the #10407 Install Guide.  This firmware would also work in ADS D2D mode with Compustar, Ultra Start and some other remote starter brands. 

If going W2W, remember to set the modules' installation mode to Standard ( 2 blinks ) and lock it in prior to vehicle programming.

Any of the TB HA firmwares with the DBI preface will work in DBI D2D mode.  DBI supports Directed brands like Viper.

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

Kreg357,

Thank-you very much for your input.  Yes, you are abolutely correct.  My mistake on the vehicle make and model.  It is for the Honda Accord.  The Remote Starter seems to be a basic one from "Prostart" - CT-3271.  If W2W is the most reliable way to go than I will use this method. 

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
We don't have the ProStart modules in the States but I believe they are ADS D2D compatible.  Still think W2W is the best way to go.
Soldering is fun!
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Just a thought, if your Accord has factory alarm, it would be easier to use an ADS DLSL CA2 ( preloaded with software). That way it will control the alarm, and you will not have to go into drivers door switch to disarm the alarm.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
you have to flash on the Idatalink.com website with a dealer account. W2W is always the best way!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2013 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

I have now completed the remote install on the 2003 Honda Accord Coupe.  Can anyone help me with the "factory alarm" portion.

The remote starter works great, however when the car doorlock button is activated with the honda key and is pressed twice the doors lock and the horn beeps once.  If I start the remote starter, the factory alarm goes off and the horn sounds.  If I just press the doorlock button once just to lock the doors, then I can start the vehicle without the sound of the factory alarm.

Have I forgotten something or is there something else I need to do?  Thanks in advance.

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: February 07, 2013 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

jstruckman wrote:
Just a thought, if your Accord has factory alarm, it would be easier to use an ADS DLSL CA2 ( preloaded with software). That way it will control the alarm, and you will not have to go into drivers door switch to disarm the alarm.

Excellent info from fellow forum member jstruckman.  Hindsight is always 20 / 20...

Connect the R/S's (-) Disarm wire to the vehicles Factory Disarm wire.

Bulldog Security :
FACTORY ALARM DISARM    WHITE (-)    @ MODULE INSIDE DRIVERS DOOR

Ready Remote :

Factory Alarm Disarm    White (driver door key unlock) (-)      @ power window master switch, white 23 pin plug, pin 21

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2013 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

kreg357,

Thank-you for your input!  (Also jstruckman for the great advice!). 

[Connect the R/S's (-) Disarm wire to the vehicles Factory Disarm wire.

Bulldog Security :
FACTORY ALARM DISARM WHITE (-) @ MODULE INSIDE DRIVERS DOOR

Ready Remote :

Factory Alarm Disarm White (driver door key unlock) (-) @ power window master switch, white 23 pin plug, pin 21 \\\]

That worked!  Now if i want to unlock/lock the door with the factory remote while the car is remote started how would I do that?  (at the moment I cannot)

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: February 07, 2013 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Ah, Pete, you want it all. idatalink for 2003 honda prelude coupe -- posted image.

The Accord ( like all Honda's ) turns off the factory remotes when the engine is running. It has nothing to do with the added remote start system.

While it might be possible to do ( find the factory keyless entry module and interrupt the Ignition input during a remote start ), it could be more trouble than it's worth. I usually suggest that the owner put away their factory remotes and use the R/S's remotes.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic