icon

adding led scanner to viper 5704?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
briandye 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, first post, GREAT website. Only been on for about an hour but I can safely say ill be living on here now :)
Anyways, I just had a Viper 5704 alarm and remote start installed on my 2004 Crown Vic.
Ive already snipped the "quiet chirp" wire, and am gonna adjust the shock sensor sensitivity tomorrow (I was giving the car a good shaking and hitting with no warning chirps or anything. The only way I was able to set the alarm off, was actually knocking twice on the sensor while in the car.)
I have an LED scanner strip I would like to attach to the system. I believe it has 3 wires. One ground, the other 2 are 12v. One allows the strip to scan which is what I want, and the other just keeps all the LEDs on. (Or actually I think both wires together keep them on, one causes scanning)
The box that was left in the car for the system didnt have any sort of wiring diagrams, so im not sure what wire is which. Upon all the threads ive read, im gonna want the "negative when armed" wire to the ground of the LED, and the 12v source from anything 12v.
Can someone verify this? I dont want to disable the blue stock LED, I still want that for programming purposes and whatnot.
Also, does anyone know a link to the wiring diagram for my unit? That would help tons as I plan on adding:
Proximity sensor
Glass break sensor
Tilt sensor
Window module
and wire in the rear defroster somehow.
Thanks for any help, and again, AMAZING website!
2006 Explorer XLT
2009 Ford Fusion SEL
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Your 5704 will have an orange at H1/6 GWA (ground when armed) wire.
That's your ground.
If there's anything else installed e.g. window module you will need to diode separate them.
Ref the sensors; they will give you nightmares adjusting them and they will false all of the time.
Just use the 508d prox. It will have given off a warning before the others anyway.
If you must use the tilt cut both wire loops and firmly mount it lengthways.
briandye 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks! Finally got it wired up. I was confused at first lol, I usually ground my accessories to the body wherever they are, so I added wire to the ground side, hooked it into the orange (GWA) wire, and then grounded the short wire right from the light and wondered why it wasnt working, haha!

Anywho, looks great, got it all figured out. Thanks alot for your help.

Also, great point about the proximity sensor, that would activate before any of the other ones I mentioned anyways. Ill have to search around to see if I feel confident enough to wire it up myself.

2006 Explorer XLT
2009 Ford Fusion SEL

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic