icon

dealerships

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
For the people who do dealerships, do you guys install hood pins or the shutdown toggle switches? Do you leave a owners manual for the system?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
I do hood pins and leave the owners guide but not the install guide
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
We'd be done for not installing/connecting to existing and yes, always the owners, never the install.
How can you not do a hood pin on an R/S?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
See it often.  Just had a 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada in the shop.  An older Dealer install of a Audiovox Pro9275 R/S system with a GMDL1 door lock module and PLDATA bypass module.  Just needed the PLDATA reset and the Passlock2 re-learned.  Checked it over and there was no hood pin.  Didn't use Scotch Super 33+ electric tape either...
Soldering is fun!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
ive seen some horrible dealership jobs myself. the fact is that the dealership will charge the customer a crazy amount of money and then find the cheapest place to install which usually involves cheap materials, t-taps, missing connections and cut corners.
always use a hoodpin, its more of a safety feature than a security feature for when people work under your hood.
never leave the install manual, never, nothing good can come from a customer poking around in the settings menu.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
It doesn't matter who I do work for, hood pins and tach wires get hooked up.
Kevin Pierson
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
Agree With KPIERSON! ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS us tach wire and Hood pin!
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
We stopped doing hoodpins a while back 5-7 years i think. We are in ohio where the salt eats those hood pins alive. We are required to place a warning sticker under the hood that is bright yellow saying the vehicle is equipped with remote start device. We were replacing hoodpins at least 5 a day back then before we quit putting them in. Caused way more trouble than they were worth. Tach is hooked up unless we can demonstrate that the vehicle has bump/tip start. dealerships - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
if you cant use a hood pin then you can use a sealed mercury switch. i use them on some vehicles where a hoodpin is hard to add.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah Sealed Mercury Switch

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic