icon

dodge caliber remote start shuts off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
12voltnewguy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

Installing remote starter in 07 Dodge Caliber. Fortin Evo CHR T2 harness ver 6, Crimestopper rs4. Vehicle remote starts, and shuts off after the accessories come on. Unplug remote starter from Evo and car stays running no accessories come on, and otherwise it will shut off then keep restarting when accessories do come on like the blower motor, and radio. It will no longer program, led flashes 5 times meaning tach or started with key before remote starter button pressed per Crimestopper installation manual.  When I start the car with the Crimestopper and unplug it from the bypass before the Accessories kick on the car wil stay running but the key is then inoperable to turn the car back off, and I have to plug the remote starter back into the bypass to have control with the key again and once I do that it shuts off along with accessories.  Returning the crimestopper today for Ultrastart 1280.  Will probably take a couple of weeks to get the 1280.

Do you think issue is with the accesories coming on or the rs module ?  Fortin told me to try a different remote start module then we would go from there.  Also has anyone tried pairing the Ultrastarts with thier evo's on thier Calibers ?  What about the Crimestopper ?

Thank-you very much in advance.  I am not new to reading posts on this forum but if I am helped I will return the favor on this forum by trying to help others.  I am a subscriber to Tacoma world as well and have attempted to help other people on there with information I have recieved installing an Ultrastart 1272 in our 2012 Toyota Tacoma.  If anyone needs any help on those I will do my best.  Hopefully someone can help me out with some advice, and I will pay it forward.

Thanks,

Brad

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
Did you learn the tach signal?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
12voltnewguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  

The remote start unit would not pick up any tach signal no matter what I did.  After programming the bypass, then plugging the remote starter into the D2D connector it started and immediately after it started I put the key in the ignition and did the key takeover.  I tried running the tach wire from the bypass.  I tried running a tach wire from under the hood.  I even tried pulling a signal from the obd2 port.  My next step was to try either ground the remote starter accessory wire out to the body, or maybe try running 12 volts to it since the remote starter would shut off with accesory each time.  I just think it was crazy that the radio would come on and the car would shut off.

Thank-you for replying on such short notice.

Brad

12voltnewguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

Kenny,

Oh, and now it will no longer go into programming mode.  In the installation instructions it says to hold the programming button for 5 seconds and it will go into valet mode.  I probable held that thing for atleast 50 seconds 5 different times because correct me if I am wrong.  If I can get it to go back into valet mode I should be able to get it to go back into programming mode.  Once again any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated as you are a professional at this.  RIght now I have it packaged back up in the box ready to go back because it does not seem like it is working right if I cant get it into programming mode and for the first 45 minutes I had no problem with that.  Do you have any suggestions before I pay return shipping to the Ultrastart 1280.

Brad

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Where do you have the unit grounded? Is it D2D between the unit and the bypass or W2W. If D2D, try completely changing it to W2W.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
The crimestoppers are really easy to learn tach and usually learn it quicker and better than some other systems I've used.
I use RS4s all the time. I usually hard wire the tach connection from the module to the RS4 and then D2D every thing else. Works flawless every time. Did you hookup the relay for the mux wire?
If you start it with the key and then try the remote starter, can you remove the key and the engine stays running?
12voltnewguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

I tried D2D 1 wire is 12 volts, another ground, and the other 2 are data.  That didnt work so I hardwired rs red-white tach to the bypass tach.  The sytem was grouned to a bolt on the body inside the car.  If I started it with the key then pressed start on the remote starter it would stay running until something clicked sounding like a relay inside of the remote starter.  Then it would try restarting itself several times unsuccessfully.  If the accessories were on, and it clicked it would shut back off.  If the accessories came on it would shut back off.  I called Fortin and they said it sounded like the rs was picking up interference somewhere.  What vehicle wires are needed to hook this mux wire up ?  Also what is its purpose ? 

Thankyou again 100 times Brad

Brad

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
there is usually a special setting on the remote starter other than tach or voltage sensing when you use the tach signal from a bypass.
12voltnewguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

It locked me out of programming.  If I was reading another forum right I would be able to reset the unit by touching grounding the 12 volts on the rs side ?  I tried switching through the connections it offered until I was locked out of programming.

pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
prly have brain all locked up. unplug it for 5 or 10 min and try again. sounds like its doesnt know car is running because no tach signal
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic