viper 791xv and 530t escapades

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdifani 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
Guys:
I have a 791XV in my '73 Pantera. I also have a 530T installed, along with power door locks, and power windows (and the remote start sub-system is not installed). I have had some "issues" with the Viper, and finally got them sorted out... as in it's working!
Except for one small minor detail. When I "arm" the system, the door locks "lock", the lights blink, the siren chirps, and the passenger window rolls down.
I can manually (my finger on the interior window control switch) raise the window, but as soon as I hit the "arm" button on my remote, the passenger window zips down.
The driver's window stays up, and everything else is correct... except for that darn passenger window...
When I use the manual controls for the windows, the 530T works correctly for both windows (one touch "up", or "down" for either window. Just the way it's supposed to work
So, any thoughts, or recommendations as to a fix?
Thanks for your time,
Chris
PS: Is there a better alarm/conveneince system available now than the 791XV? That is compatible to the various DEI sensors, and controllers that I'm using with my 791XV? Any recommendations will be gratefully appreciated. Especially if the recommendation has a better remote than the 791XV's fragile solder connection, battery eating remote!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
I'm only guessing but I think you should check the passenger window wiring.
you may have up the and down motor wires the wrong way round.
As for replacement, just as an alarm, 3302/3 Viper?
Much nicer remotes.
Haven't we met before?
cdifani 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Howie:
The window works perfectly when I use the manual (original equipment) switch...
And as I remember, since my car only has 2 windows, I'm using one 530T, which would seem to indicate that it's not malfunctioning since it works "manually" .....I think.
What's been driving me insane on this issue is that the entire alarm/convenience system worked perfectly 9 months ago. Since that time I have installed a new fuse panel (for the entire car's electrical system). This should not have affected the alarm wiring as its' power and ground comes from a second power bus which was not "disturbed".
I have, however, had to use a new remote... and I'm wondering if there's something in the default settings that could be responsible for this problem.
But why does only one window roll down?
And yes, Howie, we have met before on this forum. Your information and advice was invaluable then.... and hoping for more of the same in my current dilemma.
Plus I'll look at that new Viper model.
Thanks a lot for your time, and thoughts.
Chris
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Desperation but try removing the 530t power fuse for a minute or two.
cdifani 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2013 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
Howie et al:
I kinda hate to admit this, but here's what I learned.
First of all, the 530T module has two separate systems within it. The wiring/control system from the electrical switches (the OEM control switches) to the 530 are a different system than the alarm-to-530-module wiring/control system.
It's like there's two separate control systems within the single window control module.
One of the elements that I like about the 530 is it's "one touch" capability. I thought that this element would be tied into the same control system that moves the window up and down.
This is not the case.
To review, my Viper alarm, when I armed it, would lower the passenger window. The driver's window (if open) would zip up and close. The proper behavior for the system is that when armed, both windows close.
That's what happend when I armed the alarm. When I controlled my windows via the interior window switches, both windows operated correctly. One touch, and the windows went up, or down, exactly the way they should, as per the way I manipulated the window switch.
In summary, the "one touch" feature worked correctly, but the alarm control worked incorrectly.
Bizarre... to say the least.
But it turns out that the "up" and "down" wires running to the passenger window motor (from the 530 module) were reversed.
A confusing situation... not to mention totally illogical, as well as counterintuitive....
But now that I reversed the window motor control wires, all is right in my Viper 791XV world. And thank you Howie for your advice. You were correct in your first reply... and I, in my logical state of mind, could not see how it could be that particular issue.
.... which it was.
Thanks again,
Chris D.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
Ha ha I told you so.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic