icon

viper 5902?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
camarosource 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
Those of you who know the Viper 5902.. I have some questions.
I just got it installed in my car replacing my old Compustar. I was told that it would work the same way as my original.
1. Remote Start
2. Shock sensor (usually I just gave a light but solid bang on the windshield and would set the WARNING beeps and one hard BANG would set the alarm off with my old compustar)..
3. Arm + Lock + Roll up windows
4. Disarm + Unlock
5 Turn the car ON with key and doors automatically lock
6. Turn the car OFF with the key and the doors automatically unlock
7. Remote start car, remote indicated the remote start button was clicked (Beeps), and then a few seconds later AFTER THE CAR STARTS... The remote would get the signal and relay more beeps for a few seconds to indicate the car is running. Usually by the number of beeps I can tell if it's accidentally remote started the car while in my pocket.
HOWEVER.. my new Viper 5902 does
1. Remote Start
2. Shock sensor (I banged the windshield so hard I felt like I nearly would break right threw it before it was enough for a WARNING alert. Setting for shock sensor is 7 so I adjusted all the way to 1 and it's still no different.. 1 = more sensitive??)
3. Arm + Lock + Roll up windows
4. Disarm + Unlock
But does NOT do the following:
5 Turn the car ON with key and doors automatically lock
6. Turn the car OFF with the key and the doors automatically unlock
7. Remote start car. Initially I just get the Remote Start animating of it being clicked.. But no confirmation of it being running other than manually checking the actual remote to see if the icon is on the display. In otherwords if the button was pushed in my pocket, there is no distinguishing beep or return page indicating the car was TURNED ON?!?!
Is this normal for this Viper 5902 alarm ???????
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
Programming to change the lock functions.
If you paid to have it installed, why not go back and complain?
camarosource 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
I can't go back for another week due to work and I wanted to be sure these ARE available with the Viper alarm..
What about the remote start issue? Shouldn't it come back saying the car started without me having to manually look at the remote?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  
What does it say in your owners manual and didn't you check these things out when you collected your car?
camarosource 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
Today was NOT a good day. My moms car that I was in was in a car accident. First accident in her entire lifetime of driving. Due to this I could not get in time to pick up my car before they closed for the weekend. Otherwise I would not be able to pick up the car in another week. I had no choice... So they offered to leave the car locked and pay over the phone and then I would open the car with a spare. So I had no way of being shown the workings of the remote.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
OK, understand and commiserations to your mum.
I'll download an owners manual and have a look.
laziebun 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
My 5902 and 5904 both gives a confirmation (vibrates) that the car is started when I Initiate the command or any command at that. I'll double check my settings on the remote. But as for the lock/unlock that's all programming you can do yourself or have the installer do it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
Just checked and X 2 with laziebun.
Window roll-up; they either haven't connected to your existing roll-up module or set comfort close depending on what was there initially. FAIL But did you mention it to them? If not you will have to resolve that by being nice to them.
Also should have asked whether you wanted auto-lock or not. FAIL.
Again should have noticed the whether or not the 2 way fob was giving confirmation or not. FAIL.
It appears they didn't test the shock sensor either. FAIL. Unless it part worked and you changed the settings.
By the way, "1" is the lowest setting they are usually factory set to between 7-10, adequate for most vehicles.
Are they a proper dealership, if so and they don't play ball, then you might have a case.
I'm a contractor but I would still confirm with the customer at pre-install check time to see what the customer wanted, e.g. w/close, auto-lock etc. And by God would I have thoroughly pre-checked a car like that of that age to prevent liability claims.
AND demonstrate in front of customer (or to myself before customer present)
"Don't box up until everything tested and working" is the last rule of professional installation.
And yes I have done install audit work over the years.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic