the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 chevy hhr ss problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2013 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I tried that as well. I called up iDatalink and they said that for whatever reason the BCM was not supplying the door status. So I ended up connecting the door trigger to the analog wires and set it for double pulse unlock / disarm (1st pulse to wake up the BCM, 2nd pulse to actually disarm). I could not for the life of me get the RAP shutdown to work because connecting it analog was causing the doors to not lock since it was seeing a door open signal at the same time as the lock signal. But I tested it and the radio shuts off automatically when the BCM goes to sleep (after 10 minutes). I was only able to test it once which I don't like doing, but I was out of time. So I explained that I would leave Friday open in case he has any issues and that it should be ok, but the only way to know for sure is to test it out a few times and see if the alarm goes off.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
So the remote start seems to be working well (may just need to reprogram the tach signal due to non-start once in a while) but I am running into a new issue. The customer apparently likes to leave his key in the ignition when he runs a quick errand. The problem is that the remote start is activating reservation mode and locking the doors on him. Normally I would connect the keysense, but it's multi-plex on this car. Anyone know where I can get a + or - keysense? This car is turning out to be more of a pain than it was worth...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic