icon

2002 Explorer XLT (audio install help)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LoGreenJr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2003 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I have been working on installing a simple sub-woofer and amp to my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. Got my amp location, ran the power wire and the box is ready.  Now I am trying to find what the easiest way to run the remote wire and tap into the L/R rear speaker wire for my line output converter. I pulled off the driver side door sill and I found a multitude of wires,which I am sure will contain a remote wire and the rear speaker wires. The wiring diagram color codes for the 2002 Explorer posted on this site are not matching up to what I see. Has anyone use the door sill to access the remote wires and speaker wires? Any information or advice on what I can do to complete my installation without destroying my car will be greatly appreciated.2002 Explorer XLT (audio install help) -- posted image. 

LoG
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
I've got a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. and what i did before i installed my new head unit.. was take apart the right rear panel where the factory subwoofer was and then tap into that wire with your Line Output Converter. Their are four wires that go into the subs.. just test them to see which ones are the positive and negative for the speakers and then run them to your LOC and your good to go. Do you have a Third seat.. if so how are you building your box.. i'm trying to put a new one in. and also where did you put your amp.. Thanks
LoGreenJr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

Yes I have the third row seats. I put my amp in the jack /tire iron compartment with a little modification and my sub box is small enough to fit in the small space behind the third row seat.  Now how do you get this right rear panel off. These last couple of days I have been breaking and scratching my panels up trying to get the head unit out and trying to get that panel off.  I finally got the head unit out that rear panel is a pain.

LoG
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2003 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
If i remember correctly it was pretty simple. That back panel in the middle of the floor in front of the tailgate needs to be pulled off, then the one right above it in the ceiling also needs to be pulled off, they are just pushed in their with pins. You can then start to pull of the right panel starting with the top part and pulling from the window area, then pull of the bottom part, start by seperating the rubber trim with your fingers and pulling.. it comes off fairly easy, also get a star wrench and undo the seat belt bolt it makes the install easier.. i didnt' have it so me and a buddy just turned the entire panel rotating on that one bolt but it was kinda akward.. hope you have fun... and if you need any help you can get a hold of me at rawjbellar2001@yahoo.com also can you tell me how you modified to put your amps in there and what kind of amps you have to get them to fit. thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic