keyless remote start recommendations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajan246 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
Anyone have any good recommendations for a remote start/keyless system with ON BOARD relays... I don't want to deal with wiring up 5 relays for 4 doors + trunk... maybe what I want doesn't exist?
anyways let me know if you guys have any good experience with any units!
thanks!
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
what year, make and model is your vehicle. You may not need one with that many relays, if it can be done with an interface module.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
what do you mean by needing a relay for each door? are you talking about relays for factory locks or add-on power locks or windows or something else? i ask because the factory locks of many cars dont need relays and the ones that do only need two relays for all doors. doorlock relays dont come on-board most alarms brains because the low current outputs are usually enough for most cars. some alarms do come with lock relays but i dont know of any alarm/starter combos with on-board lock relays.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2013 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
4 doors plus trunk = 2 relays.
Or 3 without trunk and lock but with trunk release.
Or 4 with the above plus priority unlock.
so how about starting a new thread and giving us the make and model and year of your car and whether or not it has power locks as standard.
ajan246 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
2009 Toyota corolla. This thing is bare bones. No power windows, no power locks, no power mirrors, no power anything. I have all the doors and trunk actuators mounted and wired. Just not sure about the relay situation. my understanding was 1 relay per actuator (based on the wiring diagrams)
thanks guys!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
Good lord!
Please read the relay section on this forum, it actually lists your configuration   (adding actuators) then your understanding might be your knowledge.
Read my signature!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  

Should have bought a quality power door lock kit.  It would have come with a control module.  Then, all you would have to do is connect the basic (-) 200mA door lock outputs from any remote start w/keyless entry system to the input feeds of the kits' module. 

As Howard says, the relays and door lock sections have good info and diagrams.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
And that control module from Spal or MES probably even Metra is two relays with a timer, if you use a 5 wire master solenoid in either front door you can wire back to those low current rigger inputs in parallel with your keyless entry to give you lock unlock from your key in the door.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
i dont know of any alarm/starter combos with on-board lock relays.
Astrostart Rss2514 and 2524 have onboard relays.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Bulldog Security RS1100 and RS1200 have on-board door lock relays and a +12V 10 Amp or a (-) 200mA Trunk Release Output but plenty of limitations...
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic